Quantcast

Uh, ok, what in the HELL is this??

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Look up creepy in the dictionary and there is a little note that say also see super ****ing creepy. Next to super ****ing creepy is a picture of Brian Peppers and that thing.

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
This has to be some sort of joke....it creeps me out. Now a Bioengineered girlfriend with a flattop head, no teeth and pistolgrip earlobs..they might find a market. But that thing is just wrong...

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
kid toys are getting nastier and nastier. rugrats, the pokemons, now this...

wtf happened with the good looking gay inuendo of rugged buff eunuchs on tight ass clothes like the gi joes, or the colorful castrati horses of little pony?

at least those were pretty.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Yup despite trying everything possible to make it look like GenPets are real and a legitimate company, it's all the brainchild of some avant-guard wanna-be artist who's using the public and distorting their perceptions for his "art".

http://www.brandejs.ca/portfolio5/gp01.php

Kinda like what Orsen Wells did with his radio broadcast version of "War of the Worlds" where he pretended to be a legitimate reporter covering an alien landing on earth. It was a spot that was braodcast over regular stations like NBC and was presented as one of those "We interrupt this program for a special news bulletin...." alerts. In the "news" report he makes no mention of it being fake or for entertainment purposes, but goes on to talk about how the aliens were killing people and creating chaos. 10 people committed suicide as a result of his broadcast "art" because they thought it was a real news alert, and the end of the world.

Keep in mind this was done in the 1930's...

I hate douchebag artists who have to rely on lies and false pretense to make their "art" interesting. I guess this GenPet guy has a lot of time on his hands.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
I saw these things at my Girlfriends OCAD graduation here in Toronto, so I'm assuming he's class of 06 at OCAD, I think in the arts stream (like, instead of Design). The things are certainly odd looking, and I'm certain its kind of a political stance towards genetic engineering.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
:hot:

Parents,
be advised before purchase that the all New Genpets™ from Bio-Genica are Pre-Packaged, Bio-engineered pets and are not toys; they are alive.

Genpets are low priced enough to make replacement simple should your child have an accident, making Genpets the ideal first pet.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Reminds me of the baby suckling pigs they have in Spanish grocery stores. They pack 'em in styrofoam meat trays wrapped in celphane. Sorta like this:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yes, this has been a confirmed joke. actual mock-ups were made, but it was for some sort of design project or something. there was a big discussion about this on digg. (yes i'm a digger. who's gonna do anything about it? nobody thats who)

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
That would taste really good I bet. Awesome.
It was just ok. Pretty greezy. The baby lamb was better imo.
One thing I learned was to NEVER take Rick Steves' advice on restaurants in Spain.
Everytime we followed his advice we had horrible food and service.

The pig probably would have been better at a place we passed up to get to where we ate.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Qman said:
It was just ok. Pretty greezy. The baby lamb was better imo.
One thing I learned was to NEVER take Rick Steves' advice on restaurants in Spain.
Everytime we followed his advice we had horrible food and service.

The pig probably would have been better at a place we passed up to get to where we ate.
I somehow always REALLY want to eat baby animals. Seems like it'd be more tender and all. I think roasting a small pig like that over coals would be muy excellente.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
BurlyShirley said:
I somehow always REALLY want to eat baby animals. Seems like it'd be more tender and all. I think roasting a small pig like that over coals would be muy excellente.
baby goats taste good too!!!.
impaled and roasted on wood.

nothing can quench natural sadistic urges as impaled baby goat, and whole baked baby pig.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
Agreed. It's amazing how tender the meat is when you kill them before they can walk.
When we drive by a pasture of baby cows, all I see is Osso Bucco.

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
Hey, don't laugh, next Christmas, every kid's gonna want one and the guy that invented it is gonna be laughin all the way to the bank. Not to mention in a year when it's no longer in, he'll have been bought out by some larger profit minded company and while you're going to work everyday, he'll be waking up around 12 to eat breafast on his yacht in the islands and his only thought will be what tiki bar to hit tonight.