Quantcast

Uhhhh.... should I flee?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Um....our building borders the ariport. There is a runway about 200 yds from where I'm sitting. Our road is a dead end. (runs parallel to runway). A bunch of full-on airport firetrucks just went racing to the end of the road, sirens blaring. Got to the end, and turned around and headed out. Sirens still blaring. And these were the big time trucks with the foam shooting nozzle mounted on the roof and giant 60" tires. I've been looking up a lot in the last few minutes and I'm not seeing anything.......

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Sigh...I sent an email to my "gang" telling of my predicament. Their advice so far:

Just duck and cover under your desk and you should be fine.

go outside with a flashlight in each hand and wave them frantically...

Um... yeah... Why don't you take a trip to Tim Hortons on Cote-Vertu for a
little break?

FLEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
FLEE FOR YOU LIFE!!!!!
I JUST HEARD ON THE RADIO THAT NORWEGIAN TERRORISTS DISGUISED AS PUPPIES HAVE TAKEN OVER A PIPER CUB AND ARE PLANNING TO CRASH IT INTO A YELLOW 1980 DATSUN B210 PARKED SOMEWHERE NEAR YOUR AIRPORT!!!

You're toast.
No sense in fleeing now as it's too late.
It's been cool knowing you.
Sorry you're dead.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
MMike said:
Sigh...I sent an email to my "gang" telling of my predicament. Their advice so far:

go outside with a flashlight in each hand and wave them frantically...
Ooh, good one.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Jeremy R said:
DRB says he want you to stay, and maybe you should walk out in the open and see what is going on.
Jeremy R is wise beyond his years, you should listen to him.

Nah, seriously just roam out on the runway and deflect whatever with the force. Its strong in you young Skywalker.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
MMike said:

You're toast.
No sense in fleeing now as it's too late.
It's been cool knowing you.
Sorry you're dead.
:D

You have some funny friends. lol

I am sure the airport would love a phone call from you right now.....

MMike: "Sooooo, anything new?"
*silence*
Airport: "What do you mean?"

MMike: "I don't know. Anything going on?"

Airport: "I'm sorry, sir I don't know what you are talking about."

MMike: "Really?"

Airport: "Yes."

MMike: "Yes, you know what I am talking about, or yes, you don't know what I am talking about?"

Airport: "I don't know."

MMike: "What don't you know?"

Airport: "What do you mean?"

MMike: "Fire trucks."

Airport: "What trucks?"

MMike: "The trucks that just rushed past my building."

Airport: "What building?"

MMike: "My building."

Airport: "Where are you, sir?"

MMike: "Hiding under my desk."

Airport: "Why are you hiding under your desk?"

MMike: "My friends told me to."

Airport: *click* *dial tone*

MMike: "I guess I'll go with the flashlights"

:D

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
What a let down....I just found out that there was a chemical spill about a mile or so away. On a map it looks like our (dead end) street would be a good way to get there. But it's not. I believe that's what it was about.

Sorry.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
MMike said:
What a let down....I just found out that there was a chemical spill about a mile or so away. On a map it looks like our (dead end) street would be a good way to get there. But it's not. I believe that's what it was about.

Sorry.
Chemical spill? That is good news. :think:

Just take a DEEP breath and get back to work. :eek:

Your shop have any masks? The spill was dangerous enoug to warrant a fire truck response....any danger to you.

(Though the fact that you are still there typing is a good sign)

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Apparently a truck carrying sulfuric acid overturned on an overpass. the overpass goes over the main freeway here. (Henri Bourassa over the 40 for the locals). Because it was on a ramp, it's all running downhill, so it's hard to contain.

The freeway is closed, the road that the truck was on is closed obviously....and that's a pretty main street too....

The funny part though is that our dead end street is like a freeway now. No-one knows that there is no exit. People are trying to avoid the traffic snarls. so they take our street, get to the end and turn around...... It's pretty nuts.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MMike said:
Apparently a truck carrying sulfuric acid overturned on an overpass. the overpass goes over the main freeway here. (Henri Bourassa over the 40 for the locals). Because it was on a ramp, it's all running downhill, so it's hard to contain.

The freeway is closed, the road that the truck was on is closed obviously....and that's a pretty main street too....

The funny part though is that our dead end street is like a freeway now. No-one knows that there is no exit. People are trying to avoid the traffic snarls. so they take our street, get to the end and turn around...... It's pretty nuts.
You should throw yourself onto the spill to help soak it up.

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
This is by far the most amusing thread I have read in a long time. First, I need to clean the apple off my monitor. Second, I need to aplogize to my co-workers for said apple. Third, I need to wipe the tears off my face......

Thanks! :thumb: