Quantcast

UK National Championships video

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Our national champs were yesterday, and here's dirtTV's offering of the race:

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirttv-national-champs-2013-bala.html

Such an awesome track. Most of it kinda brand new, certainly never raced before.

It helps that we've had a bit of a heatwave for the last couple of weeks in the UK, so it was bone bone dry. Dust so fine that when roosted it was almost like smoke.

Peaty cleaned up in seeding, which everyone was pretty stoked about. Awesome to see the old dog back on the top step... but when it came to race runs he crashed out and left the title for Gee to take. Rach took the women's too, so yet another double-win for the Atherton family this weekend.

Just thought some of you USA monkeys might appreciate a video of the biggest UK race of the year :-)

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Shuttle. A dozen 11-seat land rover defenders each with a ten bike trailer behind them. Driving up gravel forest roads.

There were over 300 people racing and on Saturday most people did about 10 practice runs, yet you rarely queued for more than fifteen minutes.

The hill has about 300m drop, and the course was quite a long one (due to tight technical bits near the top) at 3min22 for Gee. 3min46 for me .-(

Last edited:

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Why are you posting this rubbish? Don't you know we are far more interested in the royal baby? Where is that video? Who can race at a time like this?

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
the prince of cambridge was named after a famous brit downhiller, george coincidence?

Last edited:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Why are you posting this rubbish? Don't you know we are far more interested in the royal baby? Where is that video? Who can race at a time like this?
As a Brit I can tell you that I've pretty much zero interest. Indeed I only found out this morning that it was a boy and called George.

This headline on the political satire mag Private Eye from a couple of days ago sums up my interest in it:

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
MarkDH, thanks! I look forward to try out Scottish tracks.

What kind of tires are common there? (Cutted) mud tires at front?

Are tracks/trail centres open all year round?

Last edited: