Quantcast

UK Rider heading over to BC...

mccett

Chimp
Jan 19, 2005
Hi guys,

I'm coming over in June for 6 weeks of fact finding and riding with my girlfriend. We've got a motorhome sorted and have a vague route planned. Could any of you take a quick look and say a definite yes or no as far as these places are worth stopping for a couple days riding. I've included the obvious ones that everyone has heard of but any other places pref with trails that arent secret and hard to find.
Start in....
Vancouver, Hope, Penticton, Rossland, Nelson, Cranbrook, Fernie, Banff, Golden, Revelstoke, Kamloops, Kelowna... and then heading over to Whistler and Squamish for the final week.

Any info or pointers appreciated. If anyone works in a bike shop in any of those places or nearby, let me know and i'll pop in and say hi and hopefully get some trail info.
cheers
Mc

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
...but perhaps it'll get some more replies.

I've heard Fernie is amazing and filled with many opportunities for epics. You'll also want to check out Sun Peaks near Kamloops. It's supposed to be the next Whistler.
That whole area you're going through is all mountains and canyons so stop into any local bike shop and I'm sure you'll get good advice. If you make Sun Peaks one of your first stops, you'll probably get some good ideas too.

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
mccett said:
Vancouver, Hope, Penticton, Rossland, Nelson, Cranbrook, Fernie, Banff, Golden, Revelstoke, Kamloops, Kelowna... and then heading over to Whistler and Squamish for the final week.
If you're sightseeing then all these places are beautiful, but if it's riding that you want, I recommend:

North Vancouver, Squamish, Whistler, Rossland, Kamloops (and Sun Peaks), Kelowna, Nelson, Revelstoke. These places are all definitely worth stopping at.

mccett

Chimp
Jan 19, 2005
Cheers guys...

Mocha - the trip is 60% riding and 40% sightseeing as we'll prob not get chance again. What you have listed kind of fits in with all my internet trawling to find the best places. Whistler I'm not too bothered about as all i hear now is queues, crowds and a bit worried about the idea that the lifts close when its wet??? eh?? But i'm rally looking forward to Kamloops and Kelowna - looks like a beautiful place with great riding.

Thanks a lot.
Mc