Quantcast

Ulitmate Fixxed gear Mtn bike

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
So discussion coming from the lounge, What would everyone want in an Ultimate Fixxed gear Mtn bike.

Personally I would like to run a lightweight Steel Cross style frame, 700c wheels For myself a 170 crank, Front Disc brake, Avid Mechanicals. WTB speed V seat.... Add on, I am curious what others would do, also I need Ideas for myself. I have no Idea as to a gear ratio either.....

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
So discussion coming from the lounge, What would everyone want in an Ultimate Fixxed gear Mtn bike.

Personally I would like to run a lightweight Steel Cross style frame, 700c wheels For myself a 170 crank, Front Disc brake, Avid Mechanicals. WTB speed V seat.... Add on, I am curious what others would do, also I need Ideas for myself. I have no Idea as to a gear ratio either.....
My ultimate fixed gear mounain bike would have a freewheel....and maybe some gears.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
My ultimate fixed gear mounain bike would have a freewheel....and maybe some gears.
w3rd. Don't forget the riser bars, knobby 26" tires, and suspension fork.

I did a ride in So Cal this past weekend called the Counting Coup. It was a ~42 mile ride, with a longer option (Vision Quest) at around 56 miles, both ~8000 +/- feet of climbing. There always seem to be a freak or two (out of ~300 riders) who attempt and complete the VQ on a fixed gear. Oh snap!

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
This idea seem silly to me but we all love bikes so to each their own i guess. If it were me i would go for a mnt frame spec to get better geo and would run just a front brake with a 80-100mm fork. I would want a better frame than a cross frame because i would want to know that when things got ruff i could relie on my bike handaling skills to get out of trouble and on a cross frame i just dont think the redponce would be there. If you ride mellow trails and don't have a lot of tech stuff to ride than maybe but hear in durango i would want a bike that would handle acording.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Yeah, the idea is for fireroad riding, working on pedalling, testing the limits of cornering skills etc. I am thinking the same on the fork 80-100 mm.

Anything more technical, I will get the big bike out