Quantcast

Ullrich is screwed.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
He was trying not to gove a DNA sample to match with the blood bags they found in spain... while he was on his honeymoon the poliece raided his house and took DNA samples. It's like Gataca baby!

Anyway, if he is guilty, and judging by the size of his thighs he probably is, he is screwed. The Germans are trying to prosecute him for Fraud.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Ullrich may have no choice in DNA test
By Susan Westemeyer

More details of the German investigators' search of houses and offices relating to the Fuentes doping scandal emerged Thursday, and word came out of Spain that the officials there were prepared to supply blood samples to their German counterparts for a DNA comparison.

German investigators searched homes and offices belonging not only to Jan Ullrich, Wolfgang Strohband and Rudy Pevenage, but also to former T-Mobile team manager Walter Godefroot. Godefroot confirmed the search but said, "I was treated as a witness and not as a suspect." The 63-year-old Belgian is now an advisor to the Astana Team.

Pevenage's house was said to have been searched by eight investigators for 2 hours. "I don't know how it will go further. I'm still waiting. I haven't heard anything from the Belgian federation or the UCI. But life goes on," he said. He couldn't explain what the police might have found by him or by Ullrich. "You always have to be a little worried," he said.

The search of Wolfgang Strohband's home and offices took eight hours. "My attorneys have protested," he said, and is sure that no incriminating documents were found in his possession. "There was nothing that would have anything to do with these groundless accusations."

According to Bild magazine, a total of 15 Swiss and German officials conducted the search of Ullrich's house in Scherzingen, Switzerland. The German cyclist was not at home, as he was on his honeymoon. The couple has now returned home. "My wife Sara and I are deeply affected by the search and confiscations, which have been thoroughly reported in the media. Because of these events we have broken off our honeymoon and returned home," Ullrich said on his website, www.janullrich.de. "My attorneys have been instructed to discuss the case with the prosecutors in Bonn."

The German prosecutor's office will report on the results of the raid "in several weeks" at the earliest, said prosecutor Fred Apostel. "We have material in paper form as well as data and will begin with the analysis. We don't have any comment at this time as to possible results."

In other news, it was announced Thursday that the Spanish judge in charge of the Fuentes case, Andres Serrano, is prepared to help the German investigation. Spokeswoman Elis Beni Uxabal told the dpa press agency that he is "in principle prepared to deliver a blood sample to the prosecutors in Bonn." The blood sample would be taken from the bags of blood which the Spanish investigators believed to have come from Ullrich.

"The beginning of September a member of the Bonn staff was in Madrid and asked for evidence. But there is still no official request upon which the judge could act." The blood plasma which has been taken into custody is in the doping control lab in Barcelona, and a result of their analysis is not expected before the end of the month.

The German investigators will have a DNA sample from Ullrich to make the comparison, reports the Süddeutsche Zeitung. The newspaper reports that investigator took DNA traces from Ullrich's house during the search.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/sep06/sep15news

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
More details from German Operacion Puerto searches
By Susan Westemeyer

Details have continued to emerge about the German investigation in connection with the Fuentes affair. The Süddeutsche Zeitung reported that the investigators took DNA samples from Ullrich's house in Switzerland, which will be compared with certain of the blood plasma found in Fuentes' office. According to the newspaper, it is not yet clear wether the comparison will be made in Spain or in Germany. German prosecutor Fred Apostel said that his office has asked the Spaniards to analyse the blood, "But if we should actually get hold of it, that would be even better."

www.n-tv.de reports that the investigators took "extensive documents" from the T-Mobile headquarters in Bonn, Germany. These papers allegedly show that Ullrich's contract, which was signed in 2003, "could be cancelled if there were even suspicion of doping." In addition, T-Mobile papers are said to have referred to Ullrich as an "unstable" talent.

In addition, it was disclosed that Olaf Ludwig's house in Stolberg, Germany, was also searched. Ludwig took over the T-Mobile team from Walter Godefroot in January of this year, and will turn the team over to Bob Stapleton on November 1.

"It was a house search like the others," he told the Aachener Nachrichten, but he did not say what might have been taken. "Of course I cooperated, because I have nothing to hide." Apostel confirmed that a "wide-ranging variety of documents" had been seized, and added that Ludwig was considered a witness rather than a suspect.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/sep06/sep15news2

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i wonder if ullrich actually had blood in vials around his house, or if it truly was like gattaca, picking up hairs 'n junk...

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
The Jan is never being the screwed. The Jan is always being the screwer of many bike pumps. The friction from my massive thighs will being burning this incident into far memory.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Unfortunately, it was not The Jan's blood that the investigators took. It was the blood of his fallen enemies.