Quantcast

Um, Singapore?

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Anyone know anything about renting mountain bikes (or road bikes) in Singapore? I'll be going next Friday for a week.

:)

-sunny

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Don't go drinking there, prices are vertical. Can't help with the bikes but you should have a good time, not a bad place in my estimation.:thumb:

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Don't go drinking there, prices are vertical. Can't help with the bikes but you should have a good time, not a bad place in my estimation.:thumb:
True...drink prices there are insane, but the food there is the best in the world from my point of view. Of course, I'm biased since I was born there.

I have no local knowledge of any prime riding spots which must be few and far between given the size of the country/city but the two main riding areas I recall are in Bukit Timah (http://www.teamabsolut.net/gingerman/offroad.htm) and on Pulau Ubin, a small island off the NE coast. The last time I was on Pulau Ubin, I recall small bike rental shops and people riding out on trails from near the ferry dock. To get out to Pulau Ubin, catch a boat from the Changi area which is near the airport.

I do recall seeing a lot of people riding around on very high end road and mountain bikes so they are available, somewhere.