Quantcast

umm downhill in/around bar harbor maine?

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
so i'm heading up to maine on monday with significant other...been some problems this past month so we r going camping up there to have fun and straighten things out. the funny thing is she will not leave without her/my downhill bike and swears there must be riding up there. :confused: lol i was the one that didnt want to bring the bikes lol strange. anyways, does anyone know if there is downhilling or freeride up there around acadia and bar harbor? my guess is no haha
Luke

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Nothing like being slight uncomfortable and dirty for a few days with somone you cannot escape from in order to work out problems!

oh, and I have no idea about the riding.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
haha no kidding huh? i just bought a new WRX this week so i was just hoping to enjoy the twisty roads up there. u know, drop her off in town to shop by herself while i take the car out :devil:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
You would need to drive at least 4 hr for lift serviced DH. As far as freeride stuff, the locals may have something hidden away, but I have never heard of much there.

1st off your better of paying some coin and going to a spa retreat type thing.
Females can't stop cooing from that kind of experience and you'll get it all worked out.
Camping only made my problems worse but maybe your lucky.

2nd: go to MTBR.com and use the trail locater feature to find hopefully what your looking for.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
LOOnatic said:
1st off your better of paying some coin and going to a spa retreat type thing.
Females can't stop cooing from that kind of experience and you'll get it all worked out.
Camping only made my problems worse but maybe your lucky.

2nd: go to MTBR.com and use the trail locater feature to find hopefully what your looking for.
i tried all that...she's weird. she wants to camp. nothing else, no hotel, didn't even want a tent, she just wants a beach. so i got a campsite on the ocean. plus she wants her DH bike with her and wants to ride with me. she's a little different. most girls want a nice house and kids, she wants a trailer and a ducati. she's a tough one...fun but tough. as long as i bring a few bottles of wine i think she'll be ok lol

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
LukeD said:
i tried all that...she's weird. she wants to camp. nothing else, no hotel, didn't even want a tent, she just wants a beach. so i got a campsite on the ocean. plus she wants her DH bike with her and wants to ride with me. she's a little different. most girls want a nice house and kids, she wants a trailer and a ducati. she's a tough one...fun but tough. as long as i bring a few bottles of wine i think she'll be ok lol
marry this woman

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Some of the most badass downhill runs in new england are located on the maine coast. If your looking for some chairlift downhill runs, look elsewhere. Your going to be looking at 45 minute hike of death up the mountains on beat in hiking trails. Not for the faint of heart by anymeans, your bike will spend 3/4 of the hike on your shoulder.

However, the downhill runs you get are incredible, and the view at the top is second to none. The trails are mostly untouched moss forests, then the top is open slope granite. Id actually love to show you around but i start college on that monday, so unfortunatly i cant. If you are down for some punishment drop me a pm for some details on where to go.

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
I spent a week in Bar Harbor a month ago. No DH but at 5:00 ( sunrise ) in the morning you can meet up at the top of Cadillac MTN and ride beach cruisers down the super curvy steep Mtn road for a couple miles to the bottom.

There is a bike shop in town that runs it. Its across from the Pancho Villa Mexican restaurant in downtown Bar Harbor. I did not get to do it as I think its Sunday mornings? But my bud has and said it was fun as He11. They also give you a pancake breakfast at the top before you go. If they only let DH bikes on Cadillic Mtn. Its just a big rock.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
Supa8 said:
I spent a week in Bar Harbor a month ago. No DH but at 5:00 ( sunrise ) in the morning you can meet up at the top of Cadillac MTN and ride beach cruisers down the super curvy steep Mtn road for a couple miles to the bottom.

There is a bike shop in town that runs it. Its across from the Pancho Villa Mexican restaurant in downtown Bar Harbor. I did not get to do it as I think its Sunday mornings? But my bud has and said it was fun as He11. They also give you a pancake breakfast at the top before you go. If they only let DH bikes on Cadillic Mtn. Its just a big rock.
hey, happen to know the name of the shop by any chance? that sounds awesome. if worst comes to worst they must rent those beach cruisers :devil: