Quantcast

...Umm, Duncan Riffle...

Bad Ronald

Chimp
Jun 30, 2005
Danbury, CT
I think Duncan along with Sam Dale and Joost Wichman are going to be a good mix between the crazy party style of Cedric Gracia and the ultra conservatism of Mick Hannah. Having some out going guys promoting Cannondale without the over the top shenanigans will probably do them some good in the race circuit.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Or just ignorant?
OR sarcastic? Pretty sure (hope) he's kidding. I'm giving him the benifit of the doubt.

Good for driffs. There isn't much money in mountain biking nowadays so why not do what you have to do to get things done? Seems like a smart move on his part... not to mention the fact that he's apparently helping out a friend.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Duncan is a great guy, anyone who says otherwise has most likely never really talked with him. The man has got his own style and I think that's totally refreshing in this cookie cutter iPOD age. I'm psyched to see him out there and pinning it.
I remember meeting him at the sram tent during the us open when he was getting his fork worked on. Mechanic shows him fork, he pushes it down... not fast enough... gives it back till its done right.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Duncan is a great guy, anyone who says otherwise has most likely never really talked with him. The man has got his own style and I think that's totally refreshing in this cookie cutter iPOD age. I'm psyched to see him out there and pinning it.
So true, Duncan rules; good for him for being a total individual. Never understood the whole hating on Riffle thing, like you said it's certainly not based on actual interaction with the guy.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Sure, sex is fun, but ya can't have it before you're married, even if you use a condom. Because not only do condoms fail one hundred percent of the time, they're also majorly unsafe. Hey, you wouldn't put a plastic bag over your grandmother's head would ya?
I love Family Guy.:cheers:

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
My collegiate cycling team is sponsored by trojan.
Jealous! Those things are pricey and the Health center here only gives away sketchy assortments which tend to just be flavored ones. I'm gonna talk to our sponsor guy...

Fun fact: I met this BMX racer in one of my labs who went to high school with Duncan Riffle and he said Duncan would come up to him at parties and say "Look, I'm Drunken Riffle!"

Go Duncan though. He may have different style (or just doing the mustache march thing) but he can ride a bike! :cheers:

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
Jealous! Those things are pricey and the Health center here only gives away sketchy assortments which tend to just be flavored ones. I'm gonna talk to our sponsor guy...

Fun fact: I met this BMX racer in one of my labs who went to high school with Duncan Riffle and he said Duncan would come up to him at parties and say "Look, I'm Drunken Riffle!"

Go Duncan though. He may have different style (or just doing the mustache march thing) but he can ride a bike! :cheers:
That Drunken Riffle thing is really funny.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I didn't mean any disrespect (Riffle is way faster than most of us can hope to ever be) I just thought it was sort of an out there sponsor. That being said mad props to the guy he always seems to shine. Also, maybe it would have caused less of an uproar if I had worded it differently:
Duncan Riffle spotted on NEW bike with NEW facial hair and a NEW sponsor. No I didn't sip mad haterade and yes I have had a 'birds and bees talk'...:cheers:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Bravo condoms is one of Duncan friend's companies. he along with some other people riding for Bravo are getting good support from bravo as well
This is true. I applaud Bravo. Honestly, they are trying to market responsible sex to a demographic that frankly could use to hear the message. It's not like they are trying to sell us something we don't need. It's defintely better than the typical aclohol or tobacco sponsorships that were common in motorsports. They're trying to make using a condom cool, and ultimately how could that be a bad thing?....Plus, they are putting money into our sport while others are pulling out...huh huh...I said pulling out in a thread about condoms....huh huh. Back on track, I think it's great, I really do.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I didn't mean any disrespect (Riffle is way faster than most of us can hope to ever be) I just thought it was sort of an out there sponsor. That being said mad props to the guy he always seems to shine. Also, maybe it would have caused less of an uproar if I had worded it differently:
Duncan Riffle spotted on NEW bike with NEW facial hair and a NEW sponsor. No I didn't sip mad haterade and yes I have had a 'birds and bees talk'...:cheers:
Nice backpedaling.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
This is true. I applaud Bravo. Honestly, they are trying to market responsible sex to a demographic that frankly could use to hear the message. It's not like they are trying to sell us something we don't need. It's defintely better than the typical aclohol or tobacco sponsorships that were common in motorsports. They're trying to make using a condom cool, and ultimately how could that be a bad thing?....Plus, they are putting money into our sport while others are pulling out...huh huh...I said pulling out in a thread about condoms....huh huh. Back on track, I think it's great, I really do.
agreed. I checked out the website out of curiosity after seeing that picture. Guess its working then huh?

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Duncan Riffle totally rocks. He signed my cast when I broke my wrist at the Fontana season opener two years ago. :)

Rye_Bread

Monkey
Mar 22, 2006
Boulder
Yeah seriously, what's up with that...?

What's the big deal? Duncan is ripping it up on C-dale... has been for a few months now... on the same bike Mick has been beating the hell out of with no issues it would seem.

Riff is a good guy, and I'm stoked to see him back out there.

rennie has always sort of been a piece of trash

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Lopes' forearm looks unreal. As does the dead animal on Rennie's face in the same shot.