Quantcast

Ummm Wtf

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
MtnbikeMike said:
I think he was waiting for a frameset which is made in the US.

Oh yeah. I wouldnt want that ugly green either.

How much is the said team frameset anyway?

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
What is up with the industry. Sell what they don't have, market next years stuff even though they don't have any 05 product. Wow did Karpiel set a new standard or something. Take peoples money and let them wait. Hard to spend that kind of money only to be broke and with no bike.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
dhtahoe said:
What is up with the industry. Sell what they don't have, market next years stuff even though they don't have any 05 product. Wow did Karpiel set a new standard or something. Take peoples money and let them wait. Hard to spend that kind of money only to be broke and with no bike.

:stupid:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
dhtahoe said:
Oh my god! Thank the lord I work in the computer industry, where this never happens.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Changleen said:
Told ya IH were lame.

I would think its more of the dealer's fault for putting it on there than IH. its like a bike shop selling on ebay.... reaching more people that way.

It is very disappointing though

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I don't think you guys understand how the affiliate program works.

This is a guy, with a bike shop, who has a bike in his shop. He sells it online through Amazon's website. This has nothing to do with IronHorse being "lame" or selling product to some people and not to others. A dealer received his stock (or maybe he didn't and he's counting on ordering one - but that has nothing to do with IH), and now he's selling it online.

Take a look at how programs like this affiliate program work before leaping into the IH bashing. There was a nice giveaway right on the page:

Amazon Webpage said:
This page was created by a seller.
Are you guys going to bash IH when some guy puts his up in the Buy & Sell forum, too?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
binary visions said:
I don't think you guys understand how the affiliate program works.

This is a guy, with a bike shop, who has a bike in his shop. He sells it online through Amazon's website. This has nothing to do with IronHorse being "lame" or selling product to some people and not to others. A dealer received his stock (or maybe he didn't and he's counting on ordering one - but that has nothing to do with IH), and now he's selling it online.

Take a look at how programs like this affiliate program work before leaping into the IH bashing. There was a nice giveaway right on the page:

Are you guys going to bash IH when some guy puts his up in the Buy & Sell forum, too?
This is not your LBS deciding to buy a website. They advertise almost of the entire line of IH (except for the Sundays and the 7 Point 7, but they do have the 7 Point 5), as well as other bikes.

I looked over the Randall Scott website (rscycle.com) and even gave the mechanic department a call about their "famous Pro Build professional assembly", which is not offered for IH bikes. Those bikes you get them straight from the factory in an unopened box. It should be pretty obvious about the problems with receiving an unchecked, unassembled bicycle.

The major bike brands protect their lines from hacks, whether they are lousy shops or an online dealer. Randall Scott is the perfect example why the majors have this policy.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
sanjuro said:
The major bike brands protect their lines from hacks, whether they are lousy shops or an online dealer. Randall Scott is the perfect example why the majors have this policy.
I understand how the affiliate program works, and also understand that it's likely that he has no stock (as you confirmed). Rather than bashing the bike shop owner (which was not the point of the thread), I was pointing out what was wrong with these posts.

The point is that these guys are screeching like Iron Horse is personally promising to ship bikes bikes when some haven't received bikes that were already on order. I know that IH has different policies regarding online sales than many other manufacturers, and am not sure how this particular guy fits into those policies, but if it looks suspicious, people should email the link to IH, not post accusatory messages about how Iron Horse is being deceptive.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
binary visions said:
The point is that these guys are screeching like Iron Horse is personally promising to ship bikes bikes when some haven't received bikes that were already on order. I know that IH has different policies regarding online sales than many other manufacturers, and am not sure how this particular guy fits into those policies, but if it looks suspicious, people should email the link to IH, not post accusatory messages about how Iron Horse is being deceptive.
I agree there. Any individual customer problems with frame and bike sales is certainly not because of Randall Scott.

I find Iron Horse an extremely interesting brand. They are first company to use the innovative DW-Link, and they do business with online dealers like this. I get the feeling there is two sides to IH in constant battle.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
sanjuro said:
I find Iron Horse an extremely interesting brand. They are first company to use the innovative DW-Link, and they do business with online dealers like this. I get the feeling there is two sides to IH in constant battle.
I always wonder if they will get away from the online market, at least for the high end stuff, as their brand evolves. They've gone from a cheapo "downhill" frame that was pretty much crap, but the components on it were worth more than the price of the frame, to a company that's producing frames with a quality equal to or better than any of the top manufacturers out there.

On the other hand, it makes their lineup much more accessible to the average Joe, with the amount of discount that places like Supergo will provide.