Quantcast

***Un dia de los muertos GMT***

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just pulled a tick off my son's head that's been there sucking away for a while. Fucking fuming.
Good that you were actually able to see it. Pulled one off me this Spring that was tiny, about the size of a piece of cracked pepper corn. Couldn’t tell it was a tick until I looked at it under a 10x loupe.

Keep checking him for a target shaped rash. Probably nothing to worry too much about though.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
fuck ticks.

good ride on slippery rocks, roots, and leaves. let a few psi out of my tires, which helped immensely. one bridge tried to kill me though. need to go back and put some chicken wire on that fucker.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Good that you were actually able to see it. Pulled one off me this Spring that was tiny, about the size of a piece of cracked pepper corn. Couldn’t tell it was a tick until I looked at it under a 10x loupe.

Keep checking him for a target shaped rash. Probably nothing to worry too much about though.
Good advice! Although CDC has your area as high incidence for Lyme disease (https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/datasurveillance/maps-recent.html), it is not as high as in neighboring states. Be aware that not all patients get this characteristic rash. You can either try to have the doctor check him for antibodies or let your son take antibiotics as a precaution if you are concerned.

@AngryMetalsmith : ticks have different sizes depending on the species of if you catch a nymph or an adult. Once I even suspected I had a larva on me, which apparently are not commonly bite humans.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I got thoroughly fucked up by lyme disease about 10yrs ago, so I know the dangers all too well. Bell's palsy, loss of taste and smell, arthritis, the whole deal. Main reason why I'm so pissed about it.

I never did see the stereotypical bullseye rash on myself, but will obviously keep an eye on him. Also kept the tick so it can be tested.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Shit is getting weird in Poland. 27 Generals have criticized the ruling party. While their message was mild in tone all I have to say is Jesus. I'd never thought I'd live in a clusterfuck where the army criticizes the government for non army related legislation.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:

Shockingly busy at our socially distanced candy bucket last night. Kids seemed good about only taking a piece or two each, didn't have to answer door. Had beers with neighbors instead. 10/10 will do halloween like this again next year.

friend took kids out....went to house of young....visibly drunk young men...kids got their candy....reported back to mom and bucket of beer on ice for adults...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
friend took kids out....went to house of young....visibly drunk young men...kids got their candy....reported back to mom and bucket of beer on ice for adults...
hah! we let our younger kid go out on his own around the hood with a friend and he also reported back about a bucket of beer...shoulda gone with him, i guess!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Stopped by a garage sale at the home of the lady who had the radial saw and bench. She was selling a large lego set that Haley wanted, so we agreed to split the cost of $30. Turns out it was an unopened Skyra's Mysterious Sky Castle that is $250. Apparently her son used to work for the Lego store and has collections around his room that he's slowly breaking down for her to sell. She still has my phone, so when she gets a bunch together, she's going to let me know so I can come buy them from her. I'm assuming the price will be relatively cheap, given how low cost this was and that she was going to give me the saw for free.

Also found out that the ex who took the saw left his storage unit open by accident and someone stole the whole bench and saw.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I still play with Legos. I have 2 sets. It helps me with my Brain Shit.
If you want to score a LOT of LEGOs for cheap, second hand kid stores are your go-to. I almost bought two 4# bags for $20 each when we were there last for Hannah. Just mixed pieces, but cheap and good for stuff to build from. We're pushing the threshold where Haley can just download new instructions and build from parts, so we don't need to get sets. Thinking about it... I don't think we've ever bought a new set.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If you want to score a LOT of LEGOs for cheap, second hand kid stores are your go-to. I almost bought two 4# bags for $20 each when we were there last for Hannah. Just mixed pieces, but cheap and good for stuff to build from. We're pushing the threshold where Haley can just download new instructions and build from parts, so we don't need to get sets. Thinking about it... I don't think we've ever bought a new set.
Thanks. I got plenty.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
that reminds me, i need to do a panoramic photo of my son's room. it's ridiculous. he got all of my old ones, and was collecting pretty hardcore from age 5-13. he likes to keep things together . . .

prepping lists of shit i need to do this week, then gonna have another beer and re-watch some of the race cast to the tv.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
fuck ticks.

good ride on slippery rocks, roots, and leaves. let a few psi out of my tires, which helped immensely. one bridge tried to kill me though. need to go back and put some chicken wire on that fucker.

I'll take megaquakes and fiery volcanic death over fucking ticks.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
They did try to punish us in some ways but I think they are afraid of punishing the newly insane far right countries of PL/Hungary and Italy since they think we may leave the union.

As for PL Government - the problem is lack of real alternative.

- The main opposition party basically only has to offer "we are not those guys" (ie. Democrats 2020) but the ruling party has actually helped people financially and the ruling party did not so they have no chance (they are also bigger morons than Dems),
- We have one group that may form a party around a moderate, left leaning on most issues Christian Journalist but every election we get one new party centered around a presentable guy in a suit. They get 5-10% and then they implode when it becomes clear they have no experience or depth in terms of people. This guy seems more reasonable even though I'm a hardcore leftie so maybe he has a chance.
- We also have Nazi Libertarian, Conspiracy Theorists at 6-7%
- A strange Left Wing Grouping consisting of 3 parties - One really reasonable group of left wing intelectuals who are so faithful to keeping their party democratic they won't allow the media to focus on any of their members (And they have one guy who essentially put them on the map and he is probably the strongest politician in terms of rhetoric skills I have seen anywhere in the last 10+ years but fuck logic and lets not push him to the front. They also annoy business owners because they can't communicate for shit) , One Post communist Group who seem ok now but no one trusts them and one group formed around essentially Mayor Pete (the party has literally no members)

So The Ruling party has to screw up royally for people to go to the polls and vote for someone. The last presidential election was narrowly lost by a guy who tried to do a van damme split and pander both to the progressives and libertarian nazis but he's also a disconnected idiot who organizes rallies in exclusive shopping malls in the capital not realizing it further solidifies his rule as a disconnected rich boy.

I feel like more protests in front of churches might result in church pressure on the religious part of the government leading to a split and new elections but the protests avoided churches because right wing hooligans were "protecting them" (There is this really bizzare picture of the army protecting the police protecting the right wing hooligans protecting the church no one cared about. )

Generally Warsaw is safe and while I'm not the biggest dude I am fortunately a bald guy with an unwelcoming face so (unless I jinx it here) people with stupid ideas tend to pick other victims.
Good news, maybe?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Good news, maybe?

They are delaying it because they hope they can wait us out. So not really.

Also we now have a near total collapse of our healthcare system. The govt fucked up and we are 6th in the world in terms of absolute death numbers (daily). 6TH!!!! In a country with 38 milion people! Our healthcare used to be 2nd most underfunded in EU, if you correct for population spread it is probably 1st. I live in John Carpenter movie. All i need is Isaac Hayes to come back from the dead and take control over organized crime