Quantcast

Un-official Post Canyon Trip- This weekend...

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
We're riding PC this weekend, probably all day sunday. So far we have 4 riders and two trucks, with room for a couple more for the shuttle. Anyone else want to make the trip out there? Any Hood river locals want to join in?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Hell yeah it's worth the drive! There's tons of stuff to ride, and everyone who goes there has fun. There's lots of big stuff for filming, too.

zane said:
Hell yeah it's worth the drive! There's tons of stuff to ride, and everyone who goes there has fun. There's lots of big stuff for filming, too.
I figured as much, but I gotta get my bro's pumped up with the "rally round the family" speech in order to get them to drive to a location other than Whistler, especially if it's the same distance... :think:

D-Man

Chimp
Sep 17, 2004
Seattle
I'd be interested in going, and I could drive if needed. Never been there before but it looks like a sweet place. Is there good stuff for intermediate riders?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
There's plenty of stuff for the intermediate rider, when I first rode there I couldn't even ride a skinny or drop 3 feet... and I still had a blast. There's lots of drops (3' up to 20'+), some good dirt jumps (they are scattered around, but some are BIG), some good downhill, lots of ladders/techy stuff and some good singletrack. Everything is placed pretty well on the trail and lots of the stunts are pretty unique. GFRA did a great job, all the credit goes to them. We tend to session the trails with more of the built stuff on them rather than the singletrack stuff but that's just our style. And you barely ever get stopped on the trail due to other people being in your way (eg. Whistler).

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Hood River, Oregon
just a note for any traveling to post canyon this weekend......as of friday night, a little on the wet side. All the stunts are wet, but dirt is still in fair shape, not too muddy.I rode ont/8-track/family man and had a good time, just had too avoid some ramps/ladders/skinnies....bummer. Hopefully weather will be easy on us this weekend. mike

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
We're riding this sunday (10/17) as long as the weather holds out, which sounds pretty likely. I'm not driving so I can't say if any room will be available for a ride, but I'll ask around with the others from pdx.

I know Toby really wants to finish his movie before the nwd 5 premire so he's making a huge effort for filming, so if anyone wants to huck something big and get it on film here's your chance.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
zane said:
We're riding this sunday (10/17) as long as the weather holds out, which sounds pretty likely. I'm not driving so I can't say if any room will be available for a ride, but I'll ask around with the others from pdx.

I know Toby really wants to finish his movie before the nwd 5 premire so he's making a huge effort for filming, so if anyone wants to huck something big and get it on film here's your chance.
Huck something big?
Toby, get the camera, I'll grab my helmet and bike. We'll show Portland what it's all about! :D
How about a 22 stair stair-gap. Huge wall ride, High speed manuals through traffic, and some other stuff I've been checking out.:thumb:
Let's go shoot some big urban stuff asap.
Tim (503) 503-3586

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Hood River, Oregon
hey zane, weather has been awesome....but i'm not doin so well! Last Sunday i was riding ont/chorus on upper p/c and broke my right thumb!! Had to have a pin put in it on thursday, so i'm out for the next 8 weeks......came up short and stuck my hands out to catch my fall and caught my thumb in a ladder rung...ouch....so better get some riding in for me! mike

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
zane said:
when did you figure out how to wall ride? Which wall?
The Albertsons at Cedar Hills, up against 26 (sunset highway). Right behind the Albertsons there is a 30-40 foot tall retaining wall that is at about a 60 degree angle. It would be cool to get towed in by a motorcycle then carve way up it.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Wow, that sounds pretty freakin cool..... I'll have to go check it out once the weather gets better. I know which albertsons you're talking about, I've just never been riding in that area.