Quantcast

"Unauthorized Reproduction" is soon to be a criminal offense in Indiana...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
http://www.in.gov/legislative/interim/committee/prelim/HFCO04.pdf

So if you want to be a parent in Indiana and need to do so by artificial means, be prepared to have to petition the courts. But remember unless you are legally married, and never ever had a felony conviction you are SOL. Sorry lesbians.

I thought the republicans were supposed to be proponents of small government?!? Although it is funny that the republicans would sponsor a bill, that if made into law would make the Virgin Mary a criminal.

Go figure...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Funny. Maybe they didn't get the memo that "The Handmaid's Tale" wasn't supposed to be a guide, but a cautionary tale.

Wait, hang on. Indiana republicans? Scratch my comment. Assuming literacy may not be prudent.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They are doing the unborn a favor. Not because of the parents marital status, but having to be from Indiana, blech.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Reactor said:
Republicans seem to support smaller government when it's trying to regulate industry, regulating people is an entirely different story. :blah:
Lately they just say they support smaller government then do the exact opposite.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Reactor said:
Republicans seem to support smaller government when it's trying to regulate industry, regulating people is an entirely different story. :blah:
I think you are exactly right. Welfare for poor individuals = Bad while Welfare for rich coorporations = Good.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
ghostrider said:
Queue N8 with a pointless reply or a worthless link...
Pot Kettle BLACK

Though the real significance is the Supreme Court case down the road from here. This has a Griswold v. Connecticut challenge written all over it. This would be just the type of case that conservatives would love to put in front of their new court to see if they can rip the legs right out from under the right to privacy. From which all sorts of decisions get their base, specifically Roe v. Wade.