Quantcast

>$ unday $<

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Did not ride in to work because it was supposed to rain. Not a cloud in the sky of course, though there is enough smoke to make up for it, so either way maybe for the best that I did not.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Watching Russia's Sochi F1 - Lewis Hamilton is poised to match Michael Schumacher 92 GP wins today. Much shuffling of Teams, Drivers, ahead of what's the coming season.
No riding - a Turkish Bathhouse outside this weekend.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Wife wanted to go hike up a mountain, so we are going to hike up a mountain. So thats pretty neato. Though she has burdened me with the backpack and water to try and slow me down.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Thank @FSM that my rear tire is holding air... the quick fix of bending the dent outta the rim with an adjustable nut rounder seems to have worked, for now. I swear I've never had so many rim dents before I started using a tire insert...

Derby Tour of Pinewood on tap for today. I'm told we'll be knocking out a medium big loop that includes Black Slabbath, Lower Flowrider, Happy Ending, and Stink Eye. What could possibly go wrong? I should bring a snack... and a tube.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Worked 5-10 last night, will work 5-10 tonight and the same on Monday yet.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Sitting on my ass right on coffee cup #2. I can't decide if I want to ride, run, or sit on my ass and do nothing all day. Ahhh, the joys of having no responsibilities and nothing to tend to on this Sunday.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
five am and I got woken up by Watson barfing next to the bed, put the dogs out and cleaned up the puddle. Praise the FSM for having only pergo or tile floors in the house. Watson did not want to come back in so he got to stay out back. Got another 2 hours of sleep in. Coffee, ride, then yardwork. sometime today I have to drive to the office for a five minute visit to drop off the weekly paperwork.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Early ride in the books. Rode with a buddy from work. Yesterdays rain turned into today's humidity. Rocks and roots were greasy. They showed me a loop at the trails I was not aware but will be riding again for sure. I shall be having a post ride beer at 11:30 am because why not.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Quick Cub Creek/N Elk ride this morning. Fucking cold. 41F when we started, 35F when we finished.

Not a single rim strike on Cub Creek and I was picking inordinately poor lines. I'm declaring New Tire Day a great success.

great-success.jpg

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Another hot day at a time of the year where its not supposed to be hot. At least I got a good mtb ride out of it, post ride beers and grilled some good meat.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Brutal swirling headwind on this mornings ride. For the most part I had either a headwind or cross winds and of course it was a straight on headwind on all the climbs. My cardio track shows that I was getting my ass kicked for the most part. Time for a cold beer

Screenshot_20200927-104954.png

stats: 824 feet of climbing, 1583 calories burned, Max Hr 181 avg HR 155, max speed 29.8 , 14.2 mph avg, 25.5 miles ridden in 1 hr 47 min...

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
back spasm has me a little apprehensive on riding today, so no GPS test out. Heating pad and advil instead.

Turns out our Nanny's Friend's Roomate tested positive, so we've got to wait for our nanny's negative test before we can chill TFO. Gonna bail out on work tomorrow and the next day, until I hear all clear.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey how are the patriots going to win this year if they can't plant somebody in the stands to watch the opposite teams practice or read lips with masks on?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:rofl:
:wave:

Did not ride in to work because it was supposed to rain. Not a cloud in the sky of course, though there is enough smoke to make up for it, so either way maybe for the best that I did not.

A GG ad popped up on another website. The tagline was "what are you waiting for?"

:rofl:

About 2 months, right?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sorry but that's ridiculous.
I think most bike companies are struggling to get the components required from 3rd parties for their full builds. I don't think GG is alone in suddenly having long lead times now.

Or maybe they just don't like squeeb.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Sorry but that's ridiculous.
I'm trying to be understanding, what with teh'Rona and all. But I'll admit I'm growing frustrated. When I ordered July 6, lag time was 5-7 weeks. A month later I got an e-mail saying zikbolaids broke out on the floor, my order # was 5 weeks out, possibly another 2-4 weeks due to lag time at Industry 9, depending on color. A month ago tomorrow, I received an email saying bike was in assembly. I get shit is weird now, but 3 months is kind of stretching my admittedly limited patience.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm trying to be understanding, what with teh'Rona and all. But I'll admit I'm growing frustrated. When I ordered July 6, lag time was 5-7 weeks. A month later I got an e-mail saying zikbolaids broke out on the floor, my order # was 5 weeks out, possibly another 2-4 weeks due to lag time at Industry 9, depending on color. A month ago tomorrow, I received an email saying bike was in assembly. I get shit is weird now, but 3 months is kind of stretching my admittedly limited patience.
Sounds like they're struggling for inventory on something then, try giving them a call to see what they're missing.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Perhaps you ordered some weird components, but several others here ordered bikes after you did and already received their bikes.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Sounds like they're struggling for inventory on something then, try giving them a call to see what they're missing.
If I had to guess, it's something from I9. I've been trying to get red spokes for my old wheels, and that shit is like trying to find Sasquatch.

By my math, I still have two weeks within GG predicted window, so frustrated though I am, I'm not ready to get super pissy about it.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Perhaps you ordered some weird components, but several others here ordered bikes after you did and already received their bikes.
I ordered standard race build, with orange bits. The only thing I asked for that might be unusual is for the brakes to be set up motorcycle style. I doubt if that effects much.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Beer and charcuterie while my son plays video games (I've introduced him to the wii, and he's into excite truck) and my daughter watches shrek. She is also a cheese thief. The joke will be on her if she grabs the spicy sopressota. Hot tub earlier after throwing some mulch post ride lunch (beers). Meatball subs for dinner, and probably an early bed time.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Supply chain for the bike industry is fubar right now.