Quantcast

>$ unday $<

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Creek in the headset turned out to be a cracked steerer tube. To many wheelie attempts I suspect. Headset is toast also. The Ritchey fork I have been saving has a smaller stack Height and is not usable. MB3 is temporarily sidelined. Broke out with the Campy tool kit for the first time in 4 years... Your options are always limited when you have to break out with the Campy tool kit... It was 31 years old...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I have not accomplished much this weekend. Rode a little (until a buddy almost broke is body) yesterday, went for a hike on Mt. Wachusett today. Next week is going to be interesting as I may say bye! to the government teat. Bottom line: I am skared shitless.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I have not accomplished much this weekend. Rode a little (until a buddy almost broke is body) yesterday, went for a hike on Mt. Wachusett today. Next week is going to be interesting as I may say bye! to the government teat. Bottom line: I am skared shitless.
You might be scared shitless, but you are most definitely not @SkaredShtles , as he would milk that government teat as long as possible. NTTAWTT.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm trying to be understanding, what with teh'Rona and all. But I'll admit I'm growing frustrated. When I ordered July 6, lag time was 5-7 weeks. A month later I got an e-mail saying zikbolaids broke out on the floor, my order # was 5 weeks out, possibly another 2-4 weeks due to lag time at Industry 9, depending on color. A month ago tomorrow, I received an email saying bike was in assembly. I get shit is weird now, but 3 months is kind of stretching my admittedly limited patience.
i got that beat....

that simple riot mask with the nike logo on it has not shipped from germany....that was in march....i don't care anymore....money went to doctors without borders...

yet....i order a fu manchu record from britain....here in 2 weeks....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Charcuterie (that's meat and cheese for @Westy) and wine on the deck here.

Headed to the local salumeria yesterday and picked up a couple *big* guanciali and some assorted delicious salami.

I think the winner is the black truffle salami. Very tasty.
what is the name of this place?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
aw fuck Friend of ours had a TBI today. Professional rider in the warm up area at the Regional Dressage Championships in Del Mar. A horse next to hers spooked and her horse tried to get out of the way slipped and fell on her. It landed on her head, destroyed her helmet ( Mandatory use in competition for the past 5 years) . She was unconscious for over ten minutes. Taken to the trauma center where they found a minor brain bleed, they repaired it. It's going to be a long recovery.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My ride delivered all the goods today. Might have found my new favorite descent within an hour of my house: Black Slabbath is an amount of fun that’s probably illegal in most southern states. Happy Ending, Stink Eye, and Flowrider didn’t suck either. Paid for it with 3700’ of technical climbing, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

2584C3FA-7F5D-4BF9-8CE5-71ADCD40BC8D.jpeg

6D7E23A9-E831-4F24-9AF1-101DDE16C0E0.jpeg

A4AE02D1-1FCB-406E-A7B6-650EA954BB5A.jpeg

Unexpected bonus: someone must have recognized my truck (which was parked at a pie shop in BFE) and left me a post-ride gift...

524D23F3-0666-4309-8376-00EB1F81DCDE.jpeg

Had a green Chile hand pie at the pie shop, now at one of my favorite local watering holes having a delicious stout...

64D7FD5E-C031-421D-B001-F603FF845770.jpeg

FTR, I've never been on the gubmint teat... but would suckle, given the opportunity.
If you have the means, I highly recommend it. It’s so choice.

....i order a fu manchu record from britain....
Ah, I see that you are also a Person Of Impeccable Taste.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
aw fuck Friend of ours had a TBI today. Professional rider in the warm up area at the Regional Dressage Championships in Del Mar. A horse next to hers spooked and her horse tried to get out of the way slipped and fell on her. It landed on her head, destroyed her helmet ( Mandatory use in competition for the past 5 years) . She was unconscious for over ten minutes. Taken to the trauma center where they found a minor brain bleed, they repaired it. It's going to be a long recovery.
Sorry to hear Eric. I hope she recovers soon.