Quantcast

***$undaze GMT***

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Up. Coffee brewing. Just read on cnn that a fifth Indiana Jones movie is in the works set to release in 2022..Lets hope its better than the last one. I think I shall ride my bike today as another warm one is on tap.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I ate some eggs with fresh mozzarella and it was a good experience. 7/5 would eat again

458DC427-92FE-4B0D-A0E6-559F325D597A.jpeg

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY-OH!! I met up with my family at noon today for the annual gift exchange, and I mean we literally met in a parking lot, swapped packages, and retreated back to our respective homes. We'll open the gifts next Sunday via Zoom.

I went for an 8 mile run early this morning and I'm about to hop on the old bike trainer for some leg loosening.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
You are just on European time. How do you interact with customers ATM?
Sweet, now I’m feeling all euro. Not very much actually. Been closed to the public since March. Mostly email and the phone. Working on website updates and will probably set up a home office after the holidays. That way I can take care of business and get outside during the day. Will still have to do studio stuff at night until I can get vaccinated.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sweet, now I’m feeling all euro. Not very much actually. Been closed to the public since March. Mostly email and the phone. Working on website updates and will probably set up a home office after the holidays. That way I can take care of business and get outside during the day. Will still have to do studio stuff at night until I can get vaccinated.
Is it a shared work space?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Is it a shared work space?
No, I have about 400 sq ft that is all mine. Shared entrance, hallways and bathrooms. It’s a two story building that houses 21 retail spaces and artists studios. Some of my neighbors have flat out refused to wear a mask, not even when dealing with their customers. With my one of my parents having a heart condition, both in their 80s and relying on me for pretty much everything right now makes it way too risky to be down there during the day. Plus the general public doesn’t take this seriously and are going about their days as if nothing has happened so no need for a mask.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
left a message bout a van....

burning up....

pops chilli/corn bread.....

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
No, I have about 400 sq ft that is all mine. Shared entrance, hallways and bathrooms. It’s a two story building that houses 21 retail spaces and artists studios. Some of my neighbors have flat out refused to wear a mask, not even when dealing with their customers. With my one of my parents having a heart condition, both in their 80s and relying on me for pretty much everything right now makes it way too risky to be down there during the day. Plus the general public doesn’t take this seriously and are going about their days as if nothing has happened so no need for a mask.
Common ventilation/AC as well? If not, using a FFP2/N95 mask to get in and out and the shared facilities with some proper hand hygiene should do the trick. But yeah, I can see why you work at night.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Twas a productive day, but didn't get to ride until 7PM. Pizza was great success, new-to-me rye flour bread dough currently resting in a proofing basket. Previous loaf was super delish, I hope to repeat.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Twas a productive day, but didn't get to ride until 7PM. Pizza was great success, new-to-me rye flour bread dough currently resting in a proofing basket. Previous loaf was super delish, I hope to repeat.
Methinks I need to obtain a proofing basket. Been trying to do it in a stainless steel bowl with my oven on the proof setting, but my loaves still end up a little dense.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Tell me more about this flour. My Rye loaves haven’t been completely cooking through without the crust getting too crusty. What ratio/measurements of rye flour to bread flour do you use?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Tell me more about this flour. My Rye loaves haven’t been completely cooking through without the crust getting too crusty. What ratio/measurements of rye flour to bread flour do you use?
My previous loaves were from a mix of 140-170g of whole grain rye flour and 330g of wheat flour + ~100g of wheat-fed sourdough starter. This new flour I ordered on Amazon from upstate NY, it is fine milled white rye flour. Looks very pale gray and definitely not whole grain. My hopes are high, the dough goes in the oven in 15 minutes.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Methinks I need to obtain a proofing basket. Been trying to do it in a stainless steel bowl with my oven on the proof setting, but my loaves still end up a little dense.
we usually use the stainless bowl from our mixer and stick it in the closet where our water heater is. seems to work pretty well.

hike was pretty awesome. sunny and 55*. up off the blue ridge parkway. chilled by a river, then hiked along it to a rocky tumble of waterfalls (hebron falls on the boone fork river). def want to go back in the summer. lots of little pools hidden throughout the boulder field.
kids found a cool old structure of something to chill on/in
1607914256710.jpeg

part of the falls-i'm standing about 1/2 way up from the bottom

kid on one of the rox for scale