Quantcast

Underground Racing Photo shoot

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Meh. 500hp in a sub-3500lb car is plenty for street driving, which is all I did. That and having a 400hp FWD VW. You know, whatevers.

Still horrifyingly bad pictures.
I'm only ribbing you my good man, but to answer your other question from before, since the car is AWD traction is not really an issue up to an amazing 1100+HP to the wheels before needing traction control to really kick in. The only issue was the stock controls would shut the throttle bodies during hard acceleration because the car accelerated so fast under boost that the computer thought the tires were breaking loose. So some reprogramming had to be done to bypass and get the computer to realize the car is accelerating at a much faster rate then what’s programmed stock from the factory.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
*UPDATE*

Underground Racing TT Superleggera

From UGR...
I thought I would share these pictures of the latest to be completed from Underground Racing. This is one of the first Lamborghini Superleggera R versions from Underground Racing. Jeff is going to have a lot of fun on the streets in San Antonio TX this TT Gallardo.

This SL makes 1000+ WHP on pump gas (93 octane) We will test it on race gas once he gets here to check it out and go for a ride!
Only 200 original miles on this beast!

Huge thanks to Jeff S for letting us build this monster!

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I was unaware Underground was in Charlotte. Cool, I could use an 1000hp AWD car today with this snowy icey mess

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
any videos of the dyno runs from any of the TT cars?

how much weight did they add to the Superleggera ?? im guessing its not really a "Superleggera" anymore

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
any videos of the dyno runs from any of the TT cars?

how much weight did they add to the Superleggera ?? im guessing its not really a "Superleggera" anymore
Actually the TT systems dont add that much extra weight to the overall car, and considering they add 600+ usable/tunable HP to the car the little extra weight is never noticed. A light weight battery would have counter that some even.

Not this car but other TT Lambo's

At the track...

Heffner Lambo vs Underground Lambo street race

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Videos, without the YT text wraps.

At the track...

Heffner Lambo vs Underground Lambo street race

As far the rear bumper, that shot has become known as the "money shot" when they do their photo sessions, it's kept off on purpose for pictures then added on for testing.
But I will give that one too you, that was a slick one...

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Besides, civics won't hit 150 mph unless there's a ton of work done to them.
...pssh – you think jd doesn’t know THAT?! Check his whip:

BTW - I LOVE the pics of that parachute! What kind is it? Is it a Stroud? A Simpson? I think the car makes it look stupid.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
and btw, car posts on RM aren't a good idea...Everyone hates on anyone with an exotic out of jealousy then tells you how their forester is so much better
I don't own either. I would rather spend $10k on a moto than $300k on a car that is slower than the $10k moto.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Two things come to mind.

1. That's not one of the worlds best tuner cars.
2. Anyone who uses HDR and uses it that poorly is hardly one of the worlds best photographers
3. Desaturation like that is a tool of the amateur.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
I don't own either. I would rather spend $10k on a moto than $300k on a car that is slower than the $10k moto.
300K? Not really...
With the way the market is you can pick one up for mid to low 100's and depending what level of system you want it's anywhere from 40-65K. So altogether you're looking at low 200's at MOST for a completely built 1400+ HP drivable car that can run 9 second quarter’s day in and day out with minimum work and tuning.
As far as the bikes, the guy who owns that orange one I posted has already put 3 or 4 GOOD/modded bikes under his belt on various boost settings with still more left on the table. Dont get me wrong, I love bikes myself but at those high end speeds I'd rather have 4 wheels instead of 2. ;)

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Eh, to each his own. My friends have tricked out STI's. I have a minivan and a few nice pedal bikes. They don't understand why I have the minivan or bikes. I don't understand why they don't have either of those. :0)

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I like the pchop of the dodge. Nice oil cooler and tow hook. I really like the watanabe wheels on the domestic van. Don't know if that would work out though.
The A team van would be cool if i could launch it off all kinds of jumps.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
A company in Florida (Dinan) takes your M3 puts expensive parts on it and a little badge on it, and all your middle aged doctor dreams come true! On the drive back from Florida you also have a Penthouse forum moments in every town you stop in...
Dinan is located on California like they always have been for the last 31 years.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Sorry but car pics without big booty hoes doing suggestive poses in front of them (three point stance, dropping it while it is hot, etc...) are a major faux pas for me.
FAIL!!

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
He lambo gets to 250mph. Skip to the last 30 sec of the vid to see the start of his run.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I know. I hold 2 plastic shopping bags out the window instead of the shoot and it works just fine. My arms do get tired when I am going over 100... I figure it helps build the guns anyways... The wing keeps my civic glued to the road and I really appreciate that when I going 150mph on the expressway on a tight curve. Plus it looks bad ass! Sometimes you do stuff for yourself, and sometimes you do stuff for the ladies..... Not to brag but the ladies just love my pimped out Civic.... (cue up "Ice Cream Man" by Van Halen!)
for some reason this thread got bumped and i wanted to rep this totally awesome post but i'd already rep'd it in its day.

someone else rep JD for me.