Quantcast

Underground Racing Photo shoot

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
As some of you on here know I'm a pretty big car guy so with that said, what happens when you take one of the worlds best tuner cars and pair it up with one of the best photographers around?

This...

[/QUOTE]

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
This car belongs to a friend of mine at Top Gun Customzs and has run a best dyno of 1500+ AWHP to the tires (Horsepower) via twin T-04 72mm turbos and built motor.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
That chute on the back makes me think of my old seat pouch on my bike. Pretty dope pics though. I'm a car freak. I bet that photographer could make my minivan look cool.

fro biker

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
in the sticks
dude. just, dude...i mean, just loooook at it. LOOK AT IT.
the power of that car just brought some girls into my room via the interwebz, i can only imagine what happens in person.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
If I had the cash flow to buy a car like that and then take it to a place to make it capable of ludicrous speed and the guy there said "Hey you know what would be cool? Let's put a drag chute on the back." I'd be finding a new place to "tune" it.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
:stupid:

Yeah. The car is awesome, but the chute kinda takes it over the edge. It's about as useful as one of those god awful wings on a civic.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
LOL. Reps.

A parachute on a street car? Mildly retarded.
:rofl: At all the "silly parachute" comments.

Let me add this. The chute is a REAL fully functioning unit, why you might ask? Because the car runs low 9's in the 1/4 mile track on medium boost with alot more left in it.
All things being equal on a good track this car has easy 8.90's if not 8.80's in it and THAT requires a chute at those speeds. The avarage 8.90ish time is good for a 160-170+ mph trap speed especially with these cars boosting HARD on the top end like the TT Vipers do.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Does it have a rollcage? Parachute without a rollcage is kind of like a porcupine carrying around a bunch of condoms.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
:rofl: At all the "silly parachute" comments.

Let me add this. The chute is a REAL fully functioning unit, why you might ask? Because the car runs low 9's in the 1/4 mile track on medium boost with alot more left in it.
All things being equal on a good track this car has easy 8.90's if not 8.80's in it and THAT requires a chute at those speeds. The avarage 8.90ish time is good for a 160-170+ mph trap speed especially with these cars boosting HARD on the top end like the TT Vipers do.
Umm 11.99 or less requires a cage, where is the cage?

dammit didnt see Westy's post

FYi.. I like your pictures better than the artsy stuff.

Last edited:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
does this structure behind the headrests...

qualify as a partial cage?
Maybe.. Its been a while, but if I remember correctly
< 11.99 requires roll bar, which that maybe
< 9.99 or 135mph a full roll cage usually including a full front hoop.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
If I had the cash flow to buy a car like that and then take it to a place to make it capable of ludicrous speed and the guy there said "Hey you know what would be cool? Let's put a drag chute on the back." I'd be finding a new place to "tune" it.

If you found a tuner such as UGR that could build you a car like this and say "Hey we can take your stock car and triple the HP/TQ but maintain the stock drivability and handling all well adding to the looks" you'd say where do I sign? :rofl:

The chute is not permanent; it's only on there for an 8 sec pass then coming off after.

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
9.99 or 135mph a full roll cage usually including a full front hoop.
Yup. Which is why I still don't get the presence of a chute since you'd get kicked off the track running under 9.99 in that car.

From the NHRA site:
A full roll cage is required in any vehicle running 9.99 seconds or quicker, and any vehicle running 135 mph or faster (regardless of e.t.). The roll cage must be constructed of minimum 1 5/8 o.d.x .118 mild steel tubing, or 1 5/8 x .083 chrome moly tubing, and must conform to the following diagram:

Last edited:

moff_quigley

Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
If you found a tuner such as UGR that could build you a car like this and say "Hey we can take your stock car and triple the HP/TQ but maintain the stock drivability and handling all well adding to the looks" you'd say where do I sign? :rofl:

The chute is not permanent; it's only on there for an 8 sec pass then coming off after.
I don't care, on a street car it is stupid. As has already been pointed out that vehicle isn't going to be let on a dragstrip. If it was, he'd get one pass and shown the door.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Yup. Which is why I still don't get the presence of a chute since you'd get kicked off the track running under 9.99 in that car.

From the NHRA site:
That’s more along the lines if you're racing the car in series races, yeah yeah technically you're "always" supposed to have it but I can tell you a few tracks right off hand that allow you to "race at your own risk" including ATCO. The track UGR is hooked up with also has such a policy, now if they wanted to race the car in series like I said then yes they'd have to add in more safety equipment.
Anyways the car has a semi cage/rollbar set up in the back that you can’t see in the pics.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
I don't care, on a street car it is stupid. As has already been pointed out that vehicle isn't going to be let on a dragstrip. If it was, he'd get one pass and shown the door.
Car has made multiple passes and no doors in sight...
And like I said before the chute is coming off as this car on low boost is also for the road course as well and has tuned suspension for such driving.

This one is just for you my good man... :rimshot:

moff_quigley

Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
And like I said before the chute is coming off as this car on low boost is also for the road course as well and has tuned suspension for such driving.

Hey it's a beautiful car. Just think how much better it would without the dumb chute.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC

that car is ridiculous.

This place is so damn negitivo nowadays. Who gives a **** about the parachute?
Well I for one wasnt trying to bash the car it is awesome with or without the chute, but as car guys and folks that have obviously been at the track we had some ?'s and SDH answered them...

THanks

And again I like the regular shots vs the artsy ones.