Quantcast

Underground Racing Photo shoot

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
:stupid:

Yeah. The car is awesome, but the chute kinda takes it over the edge. It's about as useful as one of those god awful wings on a civic.
I know. I hold 2 plastic shopping bags out the window instead of the shoot and it works just fine. My arms do get tired when I am going over 100... I figure it helps build the guns anyways... The wing keeps my civic glued to the road and I really appreciate that when I going 150mph on the expressway on a tight curve. Plus it looks bad ass! Sometimes you do stuff for yourself, and sometimes you do stuff for the ladies..... Not to brag but the ladies just love my pimped out Civic.... (cue up "Ice Cream Man" by Van Halen!)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You think the parachute is dumb until you find yourself driving off the Brooklyn Bridge or out the back of a C130 at 10,000 feet. It also tells others that you are both fast and furious.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I know. I hold 2 plastic shopping bags out the window instead of the shoot and it works just fine. My arms do get tired when I am going over 100... I figure it helps build the guns anyways... The wing keeps my civic glued to the road and I really appreciate that when I going 150mph on the expressway on a tight curve. Plus it looks bad ass! Sometimes you do stuff for yourself, and sometimes you do stuff for the ladies..... Not to brag but the ladies just love my pimped out Civic.... (cue up "Ice Cream Man" by Van Halen!)
JD, you say the lamest sh!t pretty much all the time. You try way too hard to be funny.

Besides, civics won't hit 150 mph unless there's a ton of work done to them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
JD, you say the lamest sh!t pretty much all the time. You try way too hard to be funny.

You just have never seen his Civic. Has a turbine from a Chinook powering it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

My feelings are very hurt. I am so sorry for detracting from this awesome thread. I don't have a spoiler on my civic, it is stock, gets great gas mileage, and suits me just fine. I do however wish the back seat was bigger.... If I need to go fast I can always take out my bike. When I win the lottery I will surely eat crow after I buy a Lambo

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Cool car, awful pics in the first post. All that power has to be a bitch to touch the throttle with...custom tunes changeable on the fly? I drove a stock Gallardo and it was plenty quick for my tastes...

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
better than gaudy and overprocessed crappy photography.

/pompousmodeON
I'm with the boob hater on this one, those first pics are grossly over altered. The Beetle is not exactly as exciting as that Lambo, but it's a much better picture.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
and btw, car posts on RM aren't a good idea...Everyone hates on anyone with an exotic out of jealousy then tells you how their forester is so much better

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
On modern highways, in modern cities, with laws we all have to live by. What is the advantage on an Exotic over a Forrester? And what would justify the price difference? My buddy bought a BMW M3 Concept car, he paid about $100,000 for it. For a car, he can't drive as intended, to qualify he can't drive it because he also lacks the skills.. But he also has to observe the local traffic laws that I do in my Honda Civic. I drove it, it is indeed very nice and handles awesome and is plenty fast. But would I drop a hundred large on it. Eff no....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
On modern highways, in modern cities, with laws we all have to live by. What is the advantage on an Exotic over a Forrester?
You think a drag parachute looks stupid on a Lambo, just think of how stupid it would look on a Lesbo.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
On modern highways, in modern cities, with laws we all have to live by. What is the advantage on an Exotic over a Forrester? And what would justify the price difference? My buddy bought a BMW M3 Concept car, he paid about $100,000 for it. For a car, he can't drive as intended, to qualify he can't drive it because he also lacks the skills.. But he also has to observe the local traffic laws that I do in my Honda Civic. I drove it, it is indeed very nice and handles awesome and is plenty fast. But would I drop a hundred large on it. Eff no....
:stosh: i dont even know where to begin, so i wont.

and what is a M3 concept car???

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
:what is a M3 concept car???
A company in Florida (Dinan) takes your M3 puts expensive parts on it and a little badge on it, and all your middle aged doctor dreams come true! On the drive back from Florida you also have a Penthouse forum moments in every town you stop in... What do you drive?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
A company in Florida (Dinan) takes your M3 puts expensive parts on it and a little badge on it, and all your middle aged doctor dreams come true! On the drive back from Florida you also have a Penthouse forum moments in every town you stop in... What do you drive?
oh so its just a modified car, not a concept car. id take a HPF M3 any day over a Dinan. they are just a overpriced body kit company IMO.

i drive a Dakota R/T. its a muscle car in a pickup truck body. 325hp/425tq

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
oh so its just a modified car, not a concept car. id take a HPF M3 any day over a Dinan. they are just a overpriced body kit company IMO.

i drive a Dakota R/T. its a muscle car in a pickup truck body. 325hp/425tq
He can call it whatever he wants. I have never driven a regular M3 but his is plenty fast. His Brother has a Mercedes that is pretty cool too. My Brother has a Dakota and it's a nice truck. Good bikey truck. I had an 86 BMW 325I and I loved that car. I know very little about current BMW's. To put things into context I am currently looking at a Ford Transit XLT for a work vehicle. Drove one today, pretty handy vehicle. It gets Eleventy Billion HP. I am planning to take it to Watkins Glen for open track day. j/k

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
To put things into context I am currently looking at a Ford Transit XLT for a work vehicle. Drove one today, pretty handy vehicle. It gets Eleventy Billion HP. I am planning to take it to Watkins Glen for open track day. j/k
the Transit is a great truck and is a good bang for your buck truck. theres not too many trucks here in the States similar to it.
if it came with a diesel, i would buy one

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Drove a couple of diesels while in the UK. I <3 diesels.

Horsepower is a joke, torque is where it is at.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

all of the world is using it, except us.
Mercedes and BMW diesels are also extremely clean too

torque is what matters and diesels offer low end torque where you need it

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
You can tell it's a super by the weird little air duct by the rear window. Looks like a half moon.
It had to be bagged. Super beetles had struts. You can't go that low with a strut without riding like absolute crap.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
You can tell it's a super by the weird little air duct by the rear window.
While all SB's had that little duct it was standard issue on all Beetles '71 model year and up. Fender line on that car looks like it was a regular Beetle to me.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Cool car, awful pics in the first post. All that power has to be a bitch to touch the throttle with...custom tunes changeable on the fly? I drove a stock Gallardo and it was plenty quick for my tastes...
You hate the pics and a stock Gallardo is fast enough for you... Well Sir, then WE are twoo different wave lengths... ;)

and btw, car posts on RM aren't a good idea...Everyone hates on anyone with an exotic out of jealousy then tells you how their forester is so much better
The second I read this, my 100% honest thought that came to mind was the scene from Jurrasic park where Dennis (the big guy) meets the agent for lunch at the outdoor resturant.
Agent: Hey, you know it's not a good idea to use my name out in public...
Dennis: Datson...Datson, we've got Datson here!! See, nobody cares...

TQ: gets you off the line.
HP: pulls you through on the top end.

As a matter of fact too much TQ are twin turbo Vipers problem for breaking parts and being difficult to launch. For example single turbo Supra's with single T4 or even T6 sized turbo's make way more HP then TQ which is perfect for a smooth launch and top end power to pull a high MPH on their ET. A built inline 6 with a T488 or T6 88mm turbo is a sweet setup for any Supra.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
You hate the pics and a stock Gallardo is fast enough for you... Well Sir, then WE are twoo different wave lengths... ;)

The second I read this, my 100% honest thought that came to mind was the scene from Jurrasic park where Dennis (the big guy) meets the agent for lunch at the outdoor resturant.
Agent: Hey, you know it's not a good idea to use my name out in public...
Dennis: Datson...Datson, we've got Datson here!! See, nobody cares...

TQ: gets you off the line.
HP: pulls you through on the top end.

As a matter of fact too much TQ are twin turbo Vipers problem for breaking parts and being difficult to launch. For example single turbo Supra's with single T4 or even T6 sized turbo's make way more HP then TQ which is perfect for a smooth launch and top end power to pull a high MPH on their ET. A built inline 6 with a T488 or T6 88mm turbo is a sweet setup for any Supra.
Meh. 500hp in a sub-3500lb car is plenty for street driving, which is all I did. That and having a 400hp FWD VW. You know, whatevers.

Still horrifyingly bad pictures.