Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I'll only do it if you refer to as an "event" or "gathering"

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
SKIP TO PAGE 4 for Full Details. Let me know in this thread and in an email to bizutch@hotmail.com if you're coming!!! or call me at 828-713-2459

Sijnce apparently I'm despised for being a "sarcastic, condescending elite racer boy prick", I thought I'd just be a total douche and offer to put on a RACE!!! Can't wait for the hate mail on this one.

Outline:
Mass start
Gate positions assigned by raffle
Time length 10-20 minutes
Width of trail- really WIDE
Trail type - Roller after roller after roller after roller
Shuttle - Bite me! We all ride to the top. Set time for all riders to be up top or you're SOL.
Sanctioning body - Your preferred insurance carrier
Time - Mid-November
Bike - ANY - Guy on hardtail might potentially smoke all of you, but a 6 inch hucker or DH bike will really pin it!
Fee - $5.00
Prizes - Maybe
Cash prize- 1st Place DH, 1st Place Hucker bike and 1st Place Hardtail

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
sounds like Green's Lick?

if so maybe half that...if ya walk the uphill parts.
Nope. This trail dates back well before Green's Lick and there shouldn't be any issues in that respect (Mass start on Green's Lick equals ugly mess). It will be non-sanctioned in any way. Just a bunch of guys getting together for some helacious bragging rights. i'm sure I can lay my hands on some fun prizes to give out for stuff like:
Last place
Worst Setup
Best Wound
First Wreck
Biggest Pileup
Fugliest Jersey
Best use of a beer can
Most Pronounce Beer Belly

I'll collect everyone's entry fee UP FRONT. Either mailed direct to me or Paypal. No desire to deal with people showing up to "tag along" for the ride. My idea. I might keep $30 to cover my gas and a roll of raffle tickets.

I need to take a look at a few calenders and set the date to not conflict with all these silly XC epics and stuff. But maybe sometime next week, I can assign a date. Feel free to post some events I don't want to conflict with. This will be most accessible to NC, TN, GA, SC, and some VA riders who wanna clown.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I don't know which is more odd:
89 views and only 12 votes...(didn't know there were 89 riders in the South)
...or only 3 people who wouldn't want to do a ride like this...?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
OK...so I'll know next Tuesday whether I can have permission to do this ride.

As I posted on MTBR, plenty of room for passing, in WNC and NOT in PISGAH Ranger District. It'll be in Highlands Ranger District.

I may have a way to shuttle in and I may not. All depends on a few people. If no shuttle in, we'll just climb to the top and agree to start at a certain time. The climb is a brute, but I've done it in the past and had to walk alot of it. Didn't seem to take much longer than riding it though.

As a hint, certain suspects that have done this trail at 1 time or another are :Fred, Herndon, Joe Moore, Blitch, John Hazinsky, Lars, Anders, Mooney, Eddie Roberts....

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
sign me up, and well sign 1337 up. im sure all my boys would be up for it and damn 5$ entry is nothing. butch let me know if i can help out man.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
yeah good idea
we may have something the weekend of nov. 4-5
just waiting for final approval.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
OK. So I had a talk with some people who know some people who "know" some people. To be underground, I gotta go invite only. No insurance, no waivers. Just a group of trusted riding a fav trail of mine that very few of you have ever ridden.

Date will be Nov. 11 and if a monsoon is on that day, it'll get moved back 1 day. All those interested, email me @ bizutch@hotmail.com for location and details.

2 runs down. 1st run is a pre-run to know the trails. 2nd run is for bragging rights. Bring forearms.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Man I'm sorry!
regardless if you miss a ride,
a couples shower is like the worst idea
women ever got away with!
When my wife had her shower I cut
that one off at the pass.
One of my buddies showed up and said
I told him I would be there huh huh!
my wife knew he was mistaken!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Man I'm sorry!
regardless if you miss a ride,
a couples shower is like the worst idea
women ever got away with!
When my wife had her shower I cut
that one off at the pass.
One of my buddies showed up and said
I told him I would be there huh huh!
my wife knew he was mistaken!
Not really, us men will just let the ladys do there thing and we will be watching one of the many Football games in the Theater Room, drink some beer, and maybe shoot some Pool too. It willl be more like a Football party for me.

But if it came down to riding or watching a game with the boys, I would want to be on the bike. :disgust:

But in this case I have no choice but to be there for the shower.

I wish I could make it on the 11th. Butch you had me at "Undergroud Super D", but its just not going to work out.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Not really, us men will just let the ladys do there thing and we will be watching one of the many Football games in the Theater Room, drink some beer, and maybe shoot some Pool too. It willl be more like a Football party for me.

But if it came down to riding or watching a game with the boys, I would want to be on the bike. :disgust:

But in this case I have no choice but to be there for the shower.

I wish I could make it on the 11th. Butch you had me at "Undergroud Super D", but its just not going to work out.
you really should re-consider. You've done this descent. Only we came at it from way above it. Think "6 mile dirt road climb with Eddie, Fred and Herndon....". Boy did we come at it from the wrong way.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Cecil,
Just make a cardboard cutout of yourself and stick it in the corner.
Rig a recorder to your mouth that randomly says things like,
"Gee Honey, that is a nice batch of pampers."
and
"Wow, bitchin' crib!"

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Cecil,
and
"Wow, bitchin' crib!"
Yah, that will work great!!!! I need to cone myself. Anyone know where I acn do this? Wait!!! That means there will be two of me. I really don't think anyone wants that!!!!!:brows:

Jun 11, 2004
Cecil,
and
"Wow, bitchin' crib!"
Jeremy, this is a brilliant idea........and will definately work!

Cecil you should definately run with this one!

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Oh I see Cecil, it's a football party
your just a good husband and let her
call it a "couples Party"
I have to give you points
on utilizing their on idea against them

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Butch I am down
PM sent bro. I sent it out to as many people in this forum as I could think of, but remembering alias'es is hard.

Oh, and FYI to Peete & T-Pirate...clean out your PM's.:biggrin:

I don't know Andy's code name on here so someone let me know. I'll try to email what people I can. If you don't get an invite, it's not a snub. I probably just missed you. Fire me an email or a PM.:busted:

I'm in if I have money coming in by then. 3 weeks looking for a job and lots of nibbles, just no bites. That bites. HA HA I made a pun.
So with the two runs down, do we need to climb to the top both times, or just the first? Also, Im trying to get a couple of buddies to go with, one may, one may not. If that's cool with you.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
definitely plan on climbing both times unless you know the back way into the top...which is one long, long drive.

We'll all take a break after the first run and eat lunch, etc before heading up around 11:30-12pm. PM sent about the other guys.

legend...sending you a PM.