Quantcast

Underseat Bag

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Does anyone know of a small bag/container that will tie to or snap to the seat rails and fit very snuggly? Would be used to hold a multi tool or something else small.

Nothing obtrusive - basically not something that @Jm_ would use. :busted:

It also has to not bounce around or vibrate, don't want to be feeling that and questioning what is now giving up the ghost on the bike.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Coincidentally, I ordered one of those on Tuesday. Its probably too big to fit under the seat though without it flapping around.

Basically what I'm looking for is something to go between the seat rails or be super tight to them. I got a new crankbrothers multitool and it came with an aluminum case, which would be perfect to put under there, but its just a half mm or so too wide.

1660228393598.png

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Does anyone know of a small bag/container that will tie to or snap to the seat rails and fit very snuggly? Would be used to hold a multi tool or something else small.

Nothing obtrusive - basically not something that @Jm_ would use. :busted:

It also has to not bounce around or vibrate, don't want to be feeling that and questioning what is now giving up the ghost on the bike.
The Revelate Shrew might be a little larger than you are thinking, but it fits pretty snug and is intended for use with a dropper.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I use this: https://mswbike.com/products/tools/toolhugger-seat-wrap-sbg-300
https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/msw-sbg-300-tool-hugger-seat-wrap-black on my road bike and I absolutely love it. I use it to hold a tube, co2 inflator, multitool, and that's pretty much it. It straps down tight to my seat rails and doesn't really rattle unless I'm slamming over some boardwalk at 30mph. Absolutely minimalist, but it doesn't flop like a seat bag and technically it's not a seat bag so I'm following the rules. Worth a shot.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

Come across this one... looks pretty radical.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Those little Dakine packs won't stay in place on my seat. In hard riding, the pack just slips through the straps and dangles. Every. Single. Time.

For me, they work if strapped against a big flat portion of the frame, and nowhere else. Unfortunately, there's nowhere inside my triangle where it won't interfere with the shock at some point in its movement, so it sits on the forward side of the downtube collecting mud the whole ride.

I did get one of the Wolf Tooth cage-bolt mount straps to try on the hardtail. Gonna put everything in a thick ziplok before strapping it down.