Quantcast

Unibroue taster pack at Costco

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
$14.50 iirc. has La Fin du Monde, Maudite, trois pistoles, and don de dieu. each 750 ml, full sized. unbeatable deal!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Haven't heard the results of this Trader Joe Unibroue product yet, but:

jbogner said:
Just picked up three bottles of TJ's 2008 Vintage Ale. $4.99 a 750ml bottle, and it's a 9% dubbel style brewed by... UNIBROUE!

Pretty ecstatic about this one, give that it's nearly half the price of regular Unibroue beers. Haven't tried it yet but it's in the fridge and I'll report back tonight.

If it's good, I may just have to pick up a couple cases and stash them away. That price is hard to beat.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
$14.50 iirc. has La Fin du Monde, Maudite, trois pistoles, and don de dieu. each 750 ml, full sized. unbeatable deal!
Is the liquor store portion similar to BJ's?? (no membership required)

If so I'll have to swing down to one.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

If so I'll have to swing down to one.
there's no separate liquor store section. beer and wine are right in the main floor along with other foodstuffs. if your local costco has gas and it's not out of your way it's probably worth a $50/yr membership just for that alone, let alone the food and other products.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Feedback on $5 750ml Unibroue:

jbogner said:
Downed a bottle last night, and I'd say the beer is worth significantly more than the $4.99 per bottle price. It's slightly sweet and very strong, with the deep brown color you'd expect from a dubbel/brown ale. Definitely a winner- on par with Unibroue's $8.99-$9.99 a bottle offerings but for half the price.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
The liquor at the danvers MA costco is a separate, fenced off area within the main building. Not sure if you need to be a member for booze but they check for costco id to enter the store.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
The liquor at the danvers MA costco is a separate, fenced off area within the main building. Not sure if you need to be a member for booze but they check for costco id to enter the store.
Sweet, maybe this is a MA thing with these type of stores.

I'll look into it tonight!

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Just saw online that there is a Liquor store in the Waltham Costco that does not require membership :lighten:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I have to say that Don De Dieu is probably my favorite out of that pack.

And I let a bottle of the 2007 TJ's Special sit for almost 6 months in a cupboard...(I actually made myself forget about it so that I could let it age) and it was worth it.

I haven't picked up any of the 08...wonder if my local one would have a few left...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have to say that Don De Dieu is probably my favorite out of that pack.
after trying them all i have to agree with you. sorry, luc, la fin du monde has been dethroned! don de dieu actually kind of reminds me of hacker pschorr -- another one of my favorites -- without the banana aftertaste,