Quantcast

Unidentified Formula Body, where to buy?

jon.b

Chimp
Feb 13, 2011
The body on my rear hub from a Giant Reign 2008 has unfortunately seen its last days. There's no label on the hub and the Swedish distributor can't find any more information about it aside from that it's a Formula. I'm guessing its a Formula DC-58, but not 100% sure.

Can someone identify this body for a formula hub and possibly find a new one to buy preferably on ebay.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
FME... even the OEM supplied components have part numbers inside. Any chance you can clean off the grease and post any numbers or nomenclature you see?

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
FME... even the OEM supplied components have part numbers inside. Any chance you can clean off the grease and post any numbers or nomenclature you see?
I used to work for a wheel manufacturer who used formula bodies (custom spec, but same forging blank). They had no identifiable markings of any kind. They're all very similar and you might be able to get away with a freehub body off a different formula hub, but the safest route is to just rebuild the wheel with something you can get parts for. At that point a new wheel makes a lot of sense in monetary terms.