mods
-lowered forks
-shaved disc brake mounts

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
NICE !

wow somehow i missed the 3.5" rise NS District bars. are they new?? i ended up buying the 3" rise NS Proof bars, which are rad, but i still have the stem spacered up....

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
looks real good. USB made 09 frames? since when did the molly frame have disc mounts to shave? brakes do have a purpose for some.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
looks real good. USB made 09 frames? since when did the molly frame have disc mounts to shave? brakes do have a purpose for some.
I believe he was referring to the disc mounts on the forks.

Very nice build, colors look good even tho they don't match

C.K

Chimp
Jul 29, 2009
yup the forks

I believe he was referring to the disc mounts on the forks.

Very nice build, colors look good even tho they don't match
yup

does not compute
meh they suck, i hate brakes, im not making my bike trendy, i have never really had brakes on any bike ive owned

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
just wanna re-shout out to USB . . . . this is STILL the best street/park bike out there.

Last edited:

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
For the Win, id love to have done it on mine if i didnt have a Disc there
Funny you mention that. I was up at the Eastern warehouse a couple weeks ago, and I was looking at one of the new NightTrain completes. Eastern is making an amazing little hub for those... its a reversable driver hub... with disc mounts on both sides... the frame also has disk tabs on both seatstays. So you can pretty much run any set up you like, even brake and drive on the same side.

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Funny you mention that. I was up at the Eastern warehouse a couple weeks ago, and I was looking at one of the new NightTrain completes. Eastern is making an amazing little hub for those... its a reversable driver hub... with disc mounts on both sides... the frame also has disk tabs on both chainstays. So you can pretty much run any set up you like, even brake and drive on the same side.
:eek: :shocked: :eek: :shocked: :eek: :shocked: :eek: :shocked: :eek:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Funny you mention that. I was up at the Eastern warehouse a couple weeks ago, and I was looking at one of the new NightTrain completes. Eastern is making an amazing little hub for those... its a reversable driver hub... with disc mounts on both sides... the frame also has disk tabs on both chainstays. So you can pretty much run any set up you like, even brake and drive on the same side.
Dual 200mm rear disks

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Atomlab news says ". . . to my knowledge USB is no more."

Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Matt White

Ok, just so all of you tread heads are aware, we will now be posting riding news that may in fact have NOTHING to do with Atomlab, or it's products. What we do here at Atomlab is simply support the sport and ALL of it's wonderful riders. Here is a great example. A video of Matt White.

Matt is a shredder from across the pond who was at one time representing Union Street Bikes. However to my knowledge USB is no more. That didn't stop Mr. White from shredding on! Don't believe me? Just watch below.
http://www.atomlab.com/mtbnews.html

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
just saw this video. . . . . the bike seems similar to a Molly . . .

Matt White 2011 Mutant Bikes/Dynamic Style/KRK/Ridestreet
http://vimeo.com/20036780

"mutantbikes.com MutantBikes is a Bike Company Based in Portugal.
We design and develop new products since 2006"

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
¿Donde Don?
USB is coming back although it seems the pace is a little slow. I am working on some things right now and will put up news as soon as they are done.

Those Mutants look pretty close to a Molly and have some very nice details like the dropouts. The Molly is a great frame but I am look to update some things.

But if anyone has any questions or ideas for USB please feel free to pm or email me. Thanks!

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
NICE !

wow somehow i missed the 3.5" rise NS District bars. are they new?? i ended up buying the 3" rise NS Proof bars, which are rad, but i still have the stem spacered up....
Me too.

I just saw the new ones (2011) are 4" rise. I just got a 36 Float cut down to 60mm so that 4" bar could be perfect. My 3" bar is not high nor wide enough and I'd like to get rid of the spacers.

Here are the specs of the 2011 bar

• Width: 740mm / 29.1”
• Material Heat treated 4130 cromoly steel
• Extension: 101mm / 4”
• Weight: 540g

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
. . . . was talking while digging at the week-old-new-trails... how many Molly's have been made? i was saying they are rare..

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
. . . . was talking while digging at the week-old-new-trails... how many Molly's have been made? i was saying they are rare..
From the info I have about 100 - maybe a little more, maybe a little less.

I have been looking to get some more made but very hard to find a US company that can and will make them. I was hoping FTW would do some 26" WCH production but it has taken 6 months and the prototypes are still not done. We might try in-house this fall. My partner and I have some stuff on the plate right now but things should cool down by then hopefully!