Quantcast

Unique Bike Stolen in Santa Cruz

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/bik/1324878420.html

Hey all - I had a pretty unique rig jacked out of my car last night in Santa Cruz. It's a large carbon Santa Cruz blur LT with no decals other than a red and white non-standard SCB sticker on the downtube. King hubs, pike fork, dhx air, XT discs, and a rare fifteen g crankset from the Hive. I'm offering a reward for info leading to its return. Check out my craigslist ad above. Any help will be appreciated. If you know anything, give me a ring at 415.385.2404. Thanks, Matt

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Where in SC?

I'll keep my eyes peeled and alert our messengers, but I'll be out of town for a week. Good luck!

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
we just helped return a stolen blur carbon to yuba expeditions today. some dumbass was up riding it here at the star and a yuba mechanic spoted it and got us involved. we'l keep our eyes peeled for another one to roll through and hopefully have the same result.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
we just helped return a stolen blur carbon to yuba expeditions today. some dumbass was up riding it here at the star and a yuba mechanic spoted it and got us involved. we'l keep our eyes peeled for another one to roll through and hopefully have the same result.
I was sitting on the patio where when it all came down..so it was indeed the stolen Blur? was he the guy who stole it or did he buy it from someone else?

that was awesome!!

Matt...bummer about your bike. I'll keep an eye out.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Good to hear about the Yuba bike, nice work helping out. How was it spotted - did it still have the Yuba sticker on it?

Here's a pic of my rig. Blue, I'm not sure what you call this part of town, it's Sanford Street off Water. It's been about 24 hours and I haven't heard a thing. My expectations for recovery are pretty low but it's definitely a bike that makes people in the know look twice.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
there was a yuba mechanic on the hill who spotted it and got us involved. the sheriff took the bike but the guy on the bike claims he bought it off craigslist so the sheriff didnt arrest him.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Friggin awesome story about Evan getting that bike back.

Here is the full parts list for my missing rig:

Large SC Carbon Blur LT. No decals other than a non-standard, removable black, white and red SCB sticker on the downtube.
King hubs front and rear. DT rim up front, Mavic rear. 20mm front hub.
Rock Shox Pike 454 Air U-Turn fork
King headset with a 1.5 reducer on bottom of the tapered headtube.
DXH Air rear shock.
XT discs, 6" rear, 7" front.
WTB Tires. Prowler MX 2.5 front, 2.35 rear
Fifteen g crankset from the Hive. Race face middle and big rings. (I'm told this was the only fifteen g crankset in the country with race face rings.)
Shimano XTR spd pedals
XO shifters
Shimano front der.
X9 rear der.
SLX cassette
Shimano chain with SRAM powerlink.
Hoopty old Gravity Dropper with duct tape wrapped around the switching mech on the post.
A very crappy old WTB saddle.
Lizard Skins lock-ons with aluminum bar caps (green, I think, or blue) that say "Commit or Eat ****"
Easton Havoc Bar
Thomson Stem

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Just saw this. Crap, that really sucks. I had a bike stolen downtown once too... all too common around here. I've been out riding here a good amount over the past week and haven't seen it, I'll keep an eye out. Have you notified the local bike shops too?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Just saw this. Crap, that really sucks. I had a bike stolen downtown once too... all too common around here. I've been out riding here a good amount over the past week and haven't seen it, I'll keep an eye out. Have you notified the local bike shops too?
Thanks. Yeah some friends have notified local shops. But, if you know any shop guys I'd appreciate another mention. I'm trying to cast a wide net.

In other news, I had a dream I caught the guy. It was an epic beat down. I'd probably be in jail if it was real.