Quantcast

Unique take on the Iraq thing

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Never thought about it like this. I hope this is the case.................

Again, from the VLSI newsletter:

- - I've always thought that old submarine movie where Robert Mitchum stalks the U-boat is a lot like these sort of things. The captain of the U-boat, played by a famous German star whose name and the name of the movie escape me, can only hear what's going on above and put himself in Robert Michum's mind set. After many encounters, which were draws for both, there is this scene were Mitchum decides to stop zigzagging and go straight. Down below, a lieutenant on the sub asks the captain, "are they crazy" - - to which the captain's reply is "either he's crazy or he's very smart." Remember that other great actor, whose greatest performance resulted in ending the cold war, Ronald Reagan. He had the intelligence to know that the Soviet economy was collapsing under the burden of excessive defense spending and the experience to know that the only way to deal with these people was with a steel fist. The rest of the world had neither the intelligence nor the guts to push the Soviets to the breaking point. So, as the President acted the part of a crazy man with programs like "Star Wars" and jokes that were supposedly off-line like "I have an announcement to make, we've launched the missiles against the evil empire," many in Europe as well as the peace-niks unwittingly played the straight men, railing against it all and questioning the presidents sanity. In 1992, the Berlin wall fell and it fell under the burden of a failing Soviet infrastructure. I say unwittingly, but I also doubt this is untrue of the European leadership. They were under a far greater threat than America and European leaders who openly criticize American's are very popular and they have little to lose. So they likely played supporting roles in the whole affair and are likely playing the same now.

We may be going to war with Iraq. But I doubt any American leader can do this without sparking a World War that would pit the Moslem world and their allies against America. I really want to believe that Bush is only acting the acting the crazy man to scare those in the Middle East into doing what they know needs to be done, get new leadership in Iraq and peace in the region - - using the role of madman and the excuse of a failing economy to drive the point home that countries, which build weapons of mass destruction are a threat to everyone. The trend for responsible nations has been to destroy them.

You see, no one will know until it's all over, which is the brilliance of these plays. Of course he really could be just a dumb cowboy, as the media likes to make him out to be and Europe likes to think. What followed the Great Depression was war. Hitler recovered the German economy with excessive military spending using fear and hate to get the support. What is in common between him and the other side is a willingness to persecute and murder innocents for his cause, while using propaganda to keep his people in line. But clearly, George Bush is no Neville Chamberlain. Just remember that in the end of the movie, both the destroyer and the sub were destroyed. I hope this is not the case.

R

RideMonkey

Of course. Either our government is playing a political game or they are the biggest fools in history. I'd like to think that the most modern country in the world has a few brain cells to rub together so I'm guessing this whole thing is going according to a well thought out plan.