Quantcast

UnitedHealthcare crit crew returns to action in Grand Rapids Saturday.

Oct 20, 2009
<p>Oakland, CA – The UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling Team Presented by Maxxis will send four members of its accomplished criterium squad to Grand Rapids, Michigan for Saturday’s Grand Cycling Classic. Technically, the team will only send three riders, as Karl Menzies now resides in Grand Rapids and won’t have far to travel to the race.</p><p>
</p><p>
“The Grand Classic is one of those rare opportunities to race close to home, in front of friends and family,” the sprinter from Tasmania said. “I won the Classic in 2007 before I moved here, and now that I live here, it gives me even more incentive to get another win.”</p><p>
</p><p>
Brad White is an other team member who won’t have far to travel to get to the race now that he resides about 45 minutes away in Holland. The Team’s other two top sprinters, Hilton Clarke and Jake Keough, will come to the Midwest from opposite coasts to round out the squad for the NRC race. </p><p>
</p><p>
The UnitedHealthcare Presented by Maxxis crit crew comes into this race with a Clarke-driven winning streak of five. The Team has yet to lose a criterium that Clarke has started with the Team since his first races in Arlington, VA in early June. The last two victories came two weeks ago in the final two races of the Tour of America’s Dairyland, with Clarke taking the win in Milwaukee at Downer Avenue, and Menzies the top step in Waukesha at the Carl Zach Cycling Classic.</p>

More...