Quantcast

Unofficial RideMonkey DH Day at Jiminy: 7/1

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
anyone know if they're keeping the big lift open on Monday, for the holiday? normally it's only open on weekends.

Erci

Chimp
Sep 10, 2001
NJ
Can you guys tell me what this place is like? I was there about 3-4 years ago and I remember most of the trails being twisty and fast. I tossed my DH bike after few runs and ended up riding the rest of the day on my HT with a 4" fork.
Are there a lot of new trails now? Better on DH bike or on FR bike?
Thanks!!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
http://www.jiminypeak.com/sum/s_b_trail.html

If you are looking at the map, the trails to the left are relatively steep, windy and have some pretty good "North Shore" features with ways around them, usually as you head towards the bottom. For example, Turkey Run #17 has some steep chutey sections, a few narrow bridges to cross as well as a few maybe 3-5 foot drops.

To the right, you'll find trails that are generally less steep, more flowy but there are now jump/drop options built into them (Trail #6 for example).

They have definitely been doing some building over the last two years, so I'd say you should take the DH bike out again for there! Last fall they hosted a collegiate DH race. Hope this helps!

Erci

Chimp
Sep 10, 2001
NJ
Jim Mac said:
http://www.jiminypeak.com/sum/s_b_trail.html

If you are looking at the map, the trails to the left are relatively steep, windy and have some pretty good "North Shore" features with ways around them, usually as you head towards the bottom. For example, Turkey Run #17 has some steep chutey sections, a few narrow bridges to cross as well as a few maybe 3-5 foot drops.

To the right, you'll find trails that are generally less steep, more flowy but there are now jump/drop options built into them (Trail #6 for example).

They have definitely been doing some building over the last two years, so I'd say you should take the DH bike out again for there! Last fall they hosted a collegiate DH race. Hope this helps!
Sweet!!! Thanks!!