Quantcast

Unusual goggles questions

dbozman

Monkey
May 11, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
Anyone have any experience with goggles that are physically smaller than normal and/or have a higher nose arch?

I've broken my nose multiple times and have a deviated septum. The nose arch on my Oakleys sit squarely on that area of my nose and effectively pinches off half my already limited oxygen supply. I'm mouth-breathing 90 seconds into a typical DH run.

Obviously this is a specific sort of problem, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this and, more specifically, if there's a brand/model of goggles that worked better. Thanks much.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
i have a similar issue with goggles impeding my nose breathing, i typically just end up trimming the foam around that area and running them a little bit looser (strap tension).

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
i have a similar issue with goggles impeding my nose breathing, i typically just end up trimming the foam around that area and running them a little bit looser (strap tension).
Yup, I do the same. Trim the foam around the nose piece.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I don't have a broken nose or anything but I always found that the Oakley/Fox goggles that I've tried kind of pinched my nose a bit.

The cheap pair of Scott goggles I purchased last summer fit much better.

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
I find the Scott Tyrant the best fitting out of all goggs Ive used. I've used at least half a dozen pairs. Tyrants are my fave.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I have the same issue. I had good luck with Blur goggles I bought on-line. Thor googles worked ok, but not quite as well as the Blur.