Quantcast

[UP! 3rd page - uninterrupted ST] Proto EN01

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Like everyone keeps saying, the top link mounted shock VPP bikes will have that hammock leverage curve (or conehead if you prefer).
That's not necessarily true, it's just their particular implementation that gives unsatisfactory results. You could make a top link driven design that didn't have a rubbish leverage curve if you possessed a satisfactory level of mechanical design skill.

In fact, you can even create better leverage curves than they did with no linkage whatsoever - pull up a Yakuza Kumicho or one of Guerilla Gravity's designs to see what I mean.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That's not necessarily true, it's just their particular implementation that gives unsatisfactory results. You could make a top link driven design that didn't have a rubbish leverage curve if you possessed a satisfactory level of mechanical design skill.

In fact, you can even create better leverage curves than they did with no linkage whatsoever - pull up a Yakuza Kumicho or one of Guerilla Gravity's designs to see what I mean.
I thought they were done with that silly idea. Though looking at some designs it could be worse.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

I screwed around in that program (you know...THAT one) when I was looking to buy a nomad. I didn't get it totally awesome but yeah, just moving the front triangle shock mount around did some good things to that particular frame. I was actually going to see if I could get a secondary plate that bolted into the shock mount to move the shock.

grrrrrr.....so close, yet so far away