Quantcast

Upcoming local races

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
I am itching to race some local events, either DH or SD or DS/4X. Anything coming up soon? When do the Fontana races start up? I have been unable to really find any info online, maybe I have been looking in the wrong places?

Thanks for any info.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
You could hold your own underground ghetto race. 5 bucks a rider, winner takes all.

All you need is a hill, two walkie talkies and a stopwatch. :)

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Ciaran said:
You could hold your own underground ghetto race. 5 bucks a rider, winner takes all.

All you need is a hill, two walkie talkies and a stopwatch. :)
There will be one of those coming up pretty soon I am pretty sure

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
There was one in the beginning of the summer. I missed it because of work. The problem with the underground stuff is organizing a shuttle.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
You mean Parkfield? It's like a hour and half north of SLO.

DS: Nothing you have to clear. The tallest mound is like 2'. Basicly just sprint and go over 2 tabletops and a jump with 7" whoops. The last jump is stepdown which is kind of fun.

DH: I ended up not racing it last year, but it was a fun course. There are 2 really sudden/hard g-outs, some fun jumps, and one big huck depending on how fast you go on the expert course.

I did a practice run on the course and was allover the place. The begginner/sport and expert/pro course were not marked, or not clearly enough, so I wasn't sure where I was supposed to go (because I wanted to practice for my class). Maybe they marked them the next day for the race...

The whole thing is really fun. I want to stay and camp this year. Maybe I should do XC, if it's not too hot.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
mtnbrider said:
What's relay style?
example:
Fontana - DH racer starts from the top of the course, tags a "sprinter" at the bottom of the last rock section before The Wall. Sprinter grabs DH bike (or whatever DH racer rode) from DH racer and sprints like crazy along the wall and climbs up the fire road onto the DH-FreeRide "course" (for those pre-LooNatic hucktastic Fontana glory newbies, it's the piece of hill above the 4X course with lots of boulders and a drop onto the fireroad). Sprinter, at the end of the climb, tags the black sleeveless shirt wearing gnar core hucker and hucker drops with a 360 to the finish line jump. Hucker with a super Monster T gets automatic 5 secs penalty.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Shyrmp said:
example:
Sprinter, at the end of the climb, tags the black sleeveless shirt wearing gnar core hucker and hucker drops with a 360 to the finish line jump. Hucker with a super Monster T gets automatic 5 secs penalty.
makes you wonder where downhillzepher went huh?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Elings has been working on the little "DH" course of theirs. Word is it doesn't look half bad, but its still a small bike course.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Here is what I have in my calendar:

(Sep.9).....Elings Park DH/XC
(Sep.17)...Torro Race #2
(Sep.30)....Parkfield Classic
(Oct.8)......Torro Race #3
(Oct.20).....Lagrange Fall Classic (Weaverville, (hella far north))
(Nov.4)......Torro Race #4
(Nov.19)....Fontana
(Dec.16)....Torro Race #5 final

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Here is what I have in my calendar:

(Sep.9).....Elings Park DH/XC
(Sep.17)...Torro Race #2
(Sep.30)....Parkfield Classic
(Oct.8)......Torro Race #3
(Oct.20).....Lagrange Fall Classic (Weaverville, (hella far north))
(Nov.4)......Torro Race #4
(Nov.19)....Fontana
(Dec.16)....Torro Race #5 final
I don't see "Watch Silence Of The Lambs" on there. :disgust: