Quantcast

update my old TS-2 truing stand?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Anyone know of extenders to make my old TS-2 easier to use with larger wheels?
I'd hate to ditch it and pay $$$ for a new stand if I can modify for 27.5 wheels with tires mounted.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i haven't, but i have a ts2.2. i know the truing arm is long, but you might be able to accomplish what your after by changing of the hardware on the adjustment bolt?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Depending how old your TS2 is, the longer indicator arms that touch on the rim can help too - both to clear bigger tires and a little bigger wheel diameter. Mine didn't work on a 650b wheel with a 2.5 tire until I swapped to those. Didn't need the extenders JK posted, though I might for a 29er. Haven't tried that.

Lemke

Chimp
Aug 22, 2019
I updated my trusty TS-2 with the Park Tool extensions and wider caliper bars. The best part now is I DON"T have to take the flippin' tires off to do a "quick true" after a day of gnarlier trails. I did have to recenter the caliper section a tad.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Fun fact, this thread shows up on the first page of results for a Google search of “convert old ts-2 truing stand to fit 29er wheels” and I now have the extenders and longer calipers en route.

Rad.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Fun fact, this thread shows up on the first page of results for a Google search of “convert old ts-2 truing stand to fit 29er wheels” and I now have the extenders and longer calipers en route.

Rad.
I have the extenders, didn't know about the longer calipers.

Need to sell mine when my abbey shows up.