Quantcast

update on my 08 66rc3

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
posted in a couple threads concerning the possibility that my 66 rc3 QR axle might have problems. Explained that I wasn't sure which was at fault, the hub or the axle, and just got a chance to try out a different hub. I can say that it was entirely the hub, and that as of now the only confirmed problems i've heard of the 66rc3 having are oil level problems

This fork rocks my socks, and mad props to marzo on their 08 lineup

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
good to hear. zoke has always had the oil level problems. but thats a pretty easy fix

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
just got my rc3 and it is really stiff my 06 rc2 is as plush as a monster t but this one is redicilous. maybe i need to take oil out but how much. i am running no compression and no air on the rebound side

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I think the low oil from Zoke is awesome. The forks are set up for lighter riders. Heavier riders or more agressive riders need to add oil.

Adding oil to tune is a lot easier then removing oil to tune.IMO

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Was oil ever a problem? I change oil every time I buy a new fork. I just trust myself more than the guys at marz.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
I think the low oil from Zoke is awesome. The forks are set up for lighter riders. Heavier riders or more agressive riders need to add oil.

Adding oil to tune is a lot easier then removing oil to tune.IMO
That does make since !

Marzocchi is awesome.

TA..

!
Aug 21, 2007
Bionics department
Its break in oil anyway only there to help the seal break in and get that smooth buttery feel started, ideally once this is done you should drop in some decent high quality stuff, why would you wnat to use low viscoisty high quality oil as break in stuff only to dump it?

This is my understanding anyway and what we did after a month and my fork [66] was and has been awesome ever since!

Did the same with my 888! makes a huge difference..

Its how I'd treat any Marzocchi, maybe best to talk to a decent LBS and mechcanic who knows something about Marz before getting bad info!