Quantcast

upgrade complete?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
One small thing that'd make it better would be to not have the avatar to the left of the quick reply box.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Vertical mobile format is terrible. I like the horizontal format but that is not how I use my phone, would be nice to have a user option to select a default.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Please bring back the old template, this one is too dull and finding the different UI elements is a royal PITA.
Can you expand on that?

This template is not very different from the last one.

What UI elements are indistinct so I can look at making them easier to find?

Vertical mobile format is terrible. I like the horizontal format but that is not how I use my phone, would be nice to have a user option to select a default.
As above, this template isn't very different so can you give me some specifics that I could look at?

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Thanks for the quick turnaround. On the mobile version I'd say the UI elements are easier to find. But on the desktop one, the headers (the one nesting the forum where you're navigating for instance) are all colored in too similar shades of light gray. It's harder to spot them against the also light gray background than with the previous version.

To summarize, I'd say the desktop version has too little color variance, relying too much on grey tones, while the old version had a better ratio of greenish accents.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Can you expand on that?

This template is not very different from the last one.

What UI elements are indistinct so I can look at making them easier to find?

As above, this template isn't very different so can you give me some specifics that I could look at?
There is just a lot more area dedicated to stuff I don't care about. It is distracting and harder to find the stuff I care about (the user and what they said)

Shit IDGAF about in green

Bad

Screenshot_20190724-200224.png

Good
Screenshot_20190724-200352.png

Attachments

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
@Westy Stuff on the left has always been there in basically that same format.

I already have the user info for mobile on the list to reduce, I agree it's weird.

edit: I've enabled hiding of the user info. I'm guessing I'll get some complaint about "Why can't I see the stuff that used to be under the users??" but we'll see.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@Westy Stuff on the left has always been there in basically that same format.

I already have the user info for mobile on the list to reduce, I agree it's weird.

edit: I've enabled hiding of the user info. I'm guessing I'll get some complaint about "Why can't I see the stuff that used to be under the users??" but we'll see.
Thank you for responding. Yeah that info has always been there, the format just created ba lot of wasted space. Perhaps just making it for in the white space available in the current hidden format is a good compromise.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
One small thing that'd make it better would be to not have the avatar to the left of the quick reply box.
I am leaving this style element alone for now (I removed it in previous versions, XenForo has always included it by default). Since the sidebar was removed, the width of the quick reply box is now much better than it used to be, and there are some layouts in mobile where the user avatar + reply box are used in lieu of a new thread button.

Plus, the fewer tweaks I make, the fewer things need to track between upgrades.