Quantcast

Upgrade my bike.. or not?

mshred

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
alright.. my friends are pressuring me to upgrade some of my bikes components. currently it is a stock 2004 kona Shred.. but new cranks.. aaand i have the good ol' V brakes.
im not sure if i should upgrade my bike.. and if i do what should i upgrade? please give suggestions. thanks:D

AirAddict

Monkey
Jun 10, 2005
Asheville, NC
do what you want. don't let your friends pressure you into doing stuff.

if you're happy with what you have (or happy that it works and don't want to spend the money) then don't bother. But if you want better performance, then go ahead and upgrade.

It's your bike, not your friends'. If you decide that your bike is fine for now and they keep bothing you about it, then tell them to shove it.... and then go find new friends.

mshred

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
the weather is often pretty hot.. im in Merritt, british columbia, canada:D it can get up in the 40 celsius or it can go as low as -10.. the terrain is usually dirt, like soft, shale, dirt. clumpy. in other regions its reallly rocky and loose gravel is common. but in some parts its like the vancouver.. damp, humid and slippery (mud) oh yea and i dirt jump.. but i also do alot of trails.. not super intense but singletracks. merritt is famous for being dusty, dry and half the population consisting of tumbleweeds:D