Quantcast

Upgrades

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
I am running the same 2010 Glory O this year as last year except for a angle headset and new grips and tires. Anyone else bring the same girl as last year to the the race season dance? If so what changes are you making?

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I might get some new brakes for my roadie, other than that it's the same old same old till something breaks

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Been doing the same thing w/my '07 Shocker for the last 3 seasons, only changes for this year are: PUSH Team Issue Vivid, new grips, new chainring(bent my old one), and some new tires to try out. Just ordered some fresh pivot bearings, so swap out the pivot bearings and call it a day.. if ain't broke don't fix it ;)

Last edited:

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
I'm finally spending the time to really dial in the ccdb on my makulu, I might go deep and attempt some custom tuning on my 40,and angled cups may be installed.

I really like my makulu, and I can't think of any other frame I'd want to ride!

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
Sold the Turner for an Operator, Sold the Tazer for a Cowan and Sold the Haro for a Tanuki.....mmmm all new

phycoref

Chimp
Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Changed my fork (888 RC2x), shock (Roco RC WC which will be getting either re pushed or avy tuned), bars (RF Atlas FR), brakes (Elixir CR Levers with Code Calipers), tires (High roller and Minion), switching to ghetto tubeless, and i think thats all for now.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
the sunday got stripped and will shortly be receiving an angleset, new bearings, a healthy cleaning, and pretty much reassembly. I wanted some fancy ass wheels, but then thought about what I really needed out of my wheelset (strong, cheap) I decided to keep them. I imagine a retension and fresh bearings will make a world of difference.

I wanted to do fresh pads and rotors, fresh tires, and an avy cart/shock tune, but money rapidly became tight, so those will wait. Maybe a new DHF 3c in the front and brake pads with the next order....

Otherwise she's staying pretty stock for the fourth hard year.

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
i replaced everything on bike. yup the whole bike. no wonder before that it was 10 year old bike.

No more upgrades in a few next years, i hope :p

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
I really like my makulu, and I can't think of any other frame I'd want to ride!
Thinking of a angleset also. I tried some offset shock bushings in my fox shock and it was nice. Upgraded the Bos to needle bearings for this year and got it rebuilt. They made a big difference so think an anglset might be a good idea to get the best of both worlds

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
823 to ZTR in the front, twenty6 pedals from kona, sram casette to dura ace, avy for my boxxer wc. New boxxer stickers for the looks ;) I like the Legend too much. The frame will stay with me for some time.