Quantcast

uploading video to youtube and such

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
I have notice that a couple vids I posted on youtube have had the audio muted for copy write infringement. Because of this I posted a few to photobucket without this problem until yesterday. Photobucket now also says there's an issue with the audio. There's a crap load of video all over the net with audio still active so whats the secret???

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Yeah I could use more of a low key band but the fact that there's so much video already out there with mainstream music I was wondering if it was an easy fix. I'm mean I purchased the music in question legally but I can see why there's an infringement I guess. Although, breezing through the youtube and vimeo I notice a lot more video's with the muted audio warning. So, maybe there's nothing you can do.

Im using some Sublime for a little kick bag edit of myself and a few coworkers.
It's how we get down at break time during our 8 hr day. That and the Monkey during slow times.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Lately video hosting sites have been more compliant about muting videos with copyrighted audio.

Just because you legally purchased the album does not give you the rights to re-distribute it (in this case overlay the audio on a video and post it online), even if you are not profiting.

For my future videos, I have been making some basic beats and tracks in Garageband, just to avoid the hassle. There are some bands out there who are cool with you using a track of theirs, they just want you to ask permission first. For smaller and more obscure bands, they view it as a way to reach a larger audience with little to no effort on their part.