Quantcast

Upper midwest DH race this weekend

Cdet

Chimp
Sep 10, 2013
Hey guys, I work at a ski resort in the UP of Michigan, Blackjack in Bessemer, MI. We have been building trails for a few years and are trying to establish a bike park if we can get enough support to be able to run a lift in the summer. We have had a race in the fall every year and its a lot of fun. We don't make anything from the event, its a 100% payout to the pro class, and prizes for the amateur class. Its a 50$ entry fee for the pro class and 35$ for the amateur. If you don't have a place to stay, don't worry about it, you can camp in the parking lot. We will provide wood for a monster bonfire and a sweet location for a race weekend/party. The resort is located right next to the black river and also has some good brook trout fishing. As far as trails we have 2 trails from top to bottom that are steep and rocky. There are several cut offs and rock drops that are optional. once you get to the lower section of the mountain there are 3 trails to choose that split in multiple directions, all completely gravity fed. Last year I think the winning time on the race course was 2 min. The course this year is slightly different but should be about the same time. Ive been maintaining the trails and they will be fenced and marked tomorrow for anybody that wants to ride earlier. We are running a shuttle from 10am-4pm on Saturday for practice/freeride, you must register to race/ride. Practice will also be from 10am-4pm on sunday with the race starting at 4pm. It will be best of 2 runs. We can run the shuttle earlier and later if we have the riders. We can also open the bar if we have enough people interested. We just want people to come see what were all about, have some fun, maybe win some money, and see if it would be possible for us to be able to run a lift in the summer for bikes. If you want more info PM me and ill give you my cell number and we can chat. Ill update with some pictures of the course.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
If you don't have a place to stay, don't worry about it, you can camp in the parking lot. We will provide wood for a monster bonfire and a sweet location for a race weekend/party... We can also open the bar if we have enough people interested.
why must i be so far away! this sounds perfect for my cheap ass!

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Black Jack is super cool. I will be at snowshoe #3 this weekend, otherwise I would be there. Love the terrain in the UP of Michigan.

You guys want to talk about it being a million miles away? I live in Michigan and it is closer for me to go to Snowshoe WV than it is to go to BlackJack for this race.......I did go to college a few hours away in Marquette though.

Cdet were any of your crew at the Marquette bike Jam? My son and I were there.