Quantcast

uppity asians get 3 little pigs canceled

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
the beeb says
The CD-Rom digital version of the traditional story of the three little pigs, called Three Little Cowboy Builders, is aimed at primary school children.

But judges at this year's Bett Award said that they had "concerns about the Asian community and the use of pigs raises cultural issues".
would these be mushu pork asians...?

click to find out

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I love how cultural hostage-taking like this is defended by the PC who would be up in arms about a Christian trying to influence school curriculum.

So are Jews just too weak-willed to take a stand for their culture? Or do they just respect the fact that they can't and shouldn't impose their own mores on society at large, and if they don't want the 3 Little Pigs, they have to go to a (kosher) religious school??

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
I think it's time to ban 1001 Arabian Nights and The Voyages of Sinbad and Aladdin and The Maltese Falcon and Casablanca and Lawrence of Arabia because they mention Muslims and offend christian sensibilities.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Quite frankly there's alot to get upset about here. Pigs (quite transperently Jews in this tale) are obviously stereotyped as bad-builders, taking 3 times to get it right as well as the obvious canine-phobia fascist portrayal of the wolf (clearly a representation of the Chinese)as an invader bent on destruction and mayhem. Do I need to even mention the extremely violent and cruel way he is eventually dispatched? Time to consign this remnant of neo-conservative patriarchal scare-mongering to the dust-bin of history where it belongs.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Quite frankly there's alot to get upset about here. Pigs (quite transperently Jews in this tale) are obviously stereotyped as bad-builders, taking 3 times to get it right as well as the obvious canine-phobia fascist portrayal of the wolf (clearly a representation of the Chinese)as an invader bent on destruction and mayhem. Do I need to even mention the extremely violent and cruel way he is eventually dispatched? Time to consign this remnant of neo-conservative patriarchal scare-mongering to the dust-bin of history where it belongs.
That's why I wrote this replacement story about 3 little Scientologists who rid themselves of their Thetans by sytematically enriching the Church!