Quantcast

Upside down Z1?

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Question for the gurus. I recently bought some hooks to hang my bike up, (small apt. and running out of room). I hang the bike upside down. My question is, is that ok for my fork. Being that the oil usually sits on the bottom of the fork and not the top. Let my know if this should be a concern or not. Thanks in advance 4 ur help. JR

:) KIck arse. My avatar is up. That was quick...:thumb:

Shibby

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
cambridge, ma
No problem there. When you bring the bike down, if you cycle the fork, it will feel like zero-damping for a few seconds while the oil settles to the bottom again, but there is no harm done.

My Marzocchis have never leaked oil while upside-down either.

It's totally safe :D

G

gravity

Actually, hanging your bike upside down is good for it, as oil lubricates places it would not normally be drawn to by gravity.

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Actually, hanging your bike upside down is good for it, as oil lubricates places it would not normally be drawn to by gravity.
Thats to funny. How many times have you been able to put your screen name to use. haha. Thanks guys for help, much appreciated. Josh:D

G

gravity

Originally posted by Squasher

Thats to funny. How many times have you been able to put your screen name to use. haha. Thanks guys for help, much appreciated. Josh:D
lol it is just the best word in our language hey :D