Quantcast

UpstateSORBA 1st Anniversary Party

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Thanks to all who came out to the 1st Anniversary Celebration at Paris Mt. State Park this past weekend

Good times

Thanks to Kristin and Krista for all the hard work in making this gig happen! Here's a brief synopsis of the weekend's activities :p

A Big Thanks to RJ Rockers in Spartanburg for being our Official Brew Sponsor!

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
We had a small group of kids for the National Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day ( a Day Late ) Our Spartanburg Group had 30 people show for the Kids Ride (only nobody took pictures of the event)

here are the Paris Mt. Ride Pictures

Good times... Can't wait till the next one :thumbsup:

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Cool thread Brad.
I still have not made it out to ride that new trail in Spartanburg.:disgust1:
Every Tuesday something comes up.
Tonight, I am shortie sitting.
Just as a heads up DNR is issuing fines for riding the Bootleg trails off of the main Croft Passage Palmetto Trail ( the area known as Dairy Ridge has a sh!tload of trails that criss-cross the main trail, a lot of good technical stuff, with jumps and drops. The Horse folks are working with the Park and DNR and trying to force out the bikes. We're in the process of getting a petition together, also getting SORBA & IMBA into the fight to try to keep the trail Multi-use - No single user group should have the right to claim that the trails belong to themselves, especially when 90% of the trails in question were made by Mountain bikers!

So we're gearing up for a fight! I'll keep y'all posted!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Brad, sorry I missed out. The wife was out of town and I was watching the little man. It was good running into you guys Sunday. I aready wish Mason was big enough to ride already. Don't need to be wishing him to grow up any faster than he already is. You know the story!!!!!

Cecil