Quantcast

urban assault

proanti1

Chimp
Sep 24, 2005
im kinda new, so could you kindly move this thread to the correct forum if i placed it in the wrong one. :)

what about an urban assault forum? like street riding and stuff. i know somebody might say that its illegal, but i live in everett and the nearest trails are like 20 miles away with the exceptions of some jumps under a bridge, what else am i suposed to do? i was wondering if anyone might do the same thing and what the possibilities of a new forum are.

thanks, mike. :cool:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Right now, the majority of that material gets lumped under "BMX & DJing" with a smidge falling in the SS forum. Not sure there is enough of an interest here to warrant a seperate forum, all though I'd be all for it.

skurfer333

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
hell yah, most of the riders I know ride urban, half of them ride urban exclusively. I think we could have a hell of some good topics and picture threads along with ideas being thrown around in an urban forum. Especially since urban riding is based on creativity and making your own lines. I think some of the urban riders get scared out of the bmx/dj forum bc of the "bmx"

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
then maybe we should change the bmx forum. i thought the freeride forum was too much, although i do see the need for it now. but adding another is probably too much categorization.

proanti1

Chimp
Sep 24, 2005
i dunno, it was just an idea, all the guys around everett are into it. maybe add it into the bmx and dirt jumping thing (bmx, dirt jumping, and ua?)

hilldown

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
Oroville, CA
I ride urban every night after we close the shop. Usually with BMX kids. I would love to see the forum for that. Next time im in everett I'll check the local scene. Nothing like a pack of guys on mtb street machines picking lines in front yards and city steps. Gotta love urban.

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
alot of urban assault goes with freeriding, I ride urban mostly and find the freeride forum pretty sufficient for discussion and feedback.

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
Urban assault should have a devoted forum away from freeriding and downhill. We don't like racers and lazy freeriders but we're coo with bmxer if they don't do the clipped in bmx racing thing.

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
downhilldemon said:
URBAN RULES! we need a forum!
I wouldn't call it as much as urban assault as it is downhilling. I hope you're not running single-ring upfront -urban requires dual chainring setup. Also you don;t stay low on stairgap racer style. You have to pull the frontend up a lot. That's urban. That's why it's so different from traditional dhilling and we want it to be.

face

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
northern utah
Micro-Sanjay said:
I wouldn't call it as much as urban assault as it is downhilling. I hope you're not running single-ring upfront -urban requires dual chainring setup. Also you don;t stay low on stairgap racer style. You have to pull the frontend up a lot. That's urban. That's why it's so different from traditional dhilling and we want it to be.
no no no. urban doesn't need dual chainring most urbaners around here are sportin' single speeds. and when i think urban im thinking hardtail.

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
face said:
no no no. urban doesn't need dual chainring most urbaners around here are sportin' single speeds. and when i think urban im thinking hardtail.
Thiking about it, you're right. I mean why would you need dual ring on an urban assualt weapon? To climb? Might as well get a mountain bike eh? I used to run clipless on my fixed gear but it's gotten stupid to do peg grind and pedal kickbacks -so I switch to flats.

Maybe it's the attitude then.
Urban assault to me is lizard skin or roach pads, black anything garb with no brands except race face and marzochee.

Jun 18, 2004
...and I tought urban assault just meant riding agressively in the city on a mtn bike... some where between more than commuting and "...it ain't a crime if you don't get caught..."...
I think www.unrealcycles.com should sponsor an Urban Assault forum.

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
Str8OutaBallard said:
...and I tought urban assault just meant riding agressively in the city on a mtn bike... some where between more than commuting and "...it ain't a crime if you don't get caught..."...
I think www.unrealcycles.com should sponsor an Urban Assault forum.
I don't consider my urban gun as a mountain bike with fixed gear especially after i took the clipless pedals off.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i dont post much anymore but look deep into my avatar, deeper, deeper......into my avatar.........

i think an erb0n forum would be neat. i would read it a hell of a lot more than the downhill, bmx, xc, road bike, and SS forums.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Micro-Sanjay said:
Urban assault should have a devoted forum away from freeriding and downhill. We don't like racers and lazy freeriders but we're coo with bmxer if they don't do the clipped in bmx racing thing.
wow you are sooo hardcore. I know tons of BMXers. A lot of them race and *gasp* clip in when they race. During the week they are urban riding with all of the of 20"ers. what's the big deal?

mongo

Chimp
Feb 4, 2005
smedford said:
Hey that guy is pulling off the "wall ride over beer bottle"
Hey smedford. And check out the faded old "no skate boarding" sign just above the UrbanAttack.net sign. Style points! The guy's Russ Barlow, BTW, a great, great B'ham rider. Here's a pic of him in his natural habitat on Galbraith Mt. Happy trails... Mongo

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
An urban forum would be awsome. I think it is the one think RM really needs.

Here is my friends and I urban-ing:
my friend

me

my friend on my bike

me

my friend

me

me (next two are same thing)

mongo

Chimp
Feb 4, 2005
Hey mtnbrider. Very cool! When / where was the stair shot taken? And what's your friend's name? Looks like he's got a BIG bike, maybe a Norco? Happy trails... Mongo

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
The first stair shot? That is in San Luis Obispo, CA a few months ago. His name is justin. His bike is a scott high octane 2. At the bikeshop he tested it in the parking lot and blew out the manipoo stance kingpin. They took the same fork off the other octane 2. A few days later, he blew it out. Then he put an '05 shiver on it. It is a big bike (9.5" rear) and about 45lbs.

I am terrible on it, way too much suspension. I am used to riding my HT for everything (even dh). I am looking at a used santa cruz bullit now. 7" is perfect for me- people do 20+' drops with 5" travel bikes, so 7" will do that and soak up bumps well.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Thanks. That site was an awsome idea. My picture under justin was in San Luis Obispo. The stair thing was in Sector 1 as it was in the downtown area at an office building.