Quantcast

Urban cyclist?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
WTF is an urban cyclist? Apparently the lizard people want us to worship same, based upon the opening Oakley ad banners.

In the old days, and urban cyclist was an...well shit, I have no idea.

Not so sure I even care, actually. Screw you, lizard people!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Urban cycling is a fun, healthy way to get around town and is a great alternative to motorized transportation...

When I lived in Denver from 85 ro 89 I pretty much rode my bike everywhere due to the cost and limited availability of parking. The idea of riding for recreation was something that didn't occur to me until I was able to support a car.

My first traffic violation was riding my bike down the 16th street mall to Woolworths. Knar.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I prefer biking to driving in Toronto. You can take your bike on the TTC during off peak hours but nobody does. Plenty of safe bike parking most everywhere. Other then trolley tracks and weather. It is a better way to move around the city.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
If you put urban in front of anything it just becomes more cool. Just give it a try you will be impressed.
Today I splurged on an urban patch kit and picked up an urban quart of Stan's. An urban quart is similar an English pint in a less is more kind of way.

Damn, I've gone from uber impressed to full on urban impressive.