Quantcast

Urban DH race in Old Quebec City?

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
I just spent a long weekend up there and I have to say that city could have an amazing urban race. Anyone else agree?

hellonasty

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
MSA
I agree, I've been thinking about this for a long time, when I first saw the Redbull Lisbon Downtown I thought that Quebec should try to get a race like this. I've talked to Gestev the people that organize the World Cup here in Mont-Ste-Anne about this and they said that they've talked about it but weren't sure if they're would be enough rider that would come. And now after 3 successful years of doing the Red Bull crashed Ice competition, there is no way we couldn't pull that off.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Quebec city is extremely difficult to work permits with though. A redbull event would probably fly, as they are now used to dealing with the city on a large scale, and the city knows they will hold up their end of the bargain.

It would be pretty damn good, i agree. They could easily get 100 riders if they followed the route that the urban race in Chile does, pay to fly them in and house them for the week.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Yup, I have been thinking about that for quite some time, it could definately work but it would also need the participation of some big sponsors like Red Bull etc. to pull it off.

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
That would be awesome. I'd make the drive for sure. First thing that cam to mind was the Red Bull crashed Ice competition, this would be the perfect summer event to counter that.

I'd love to make the trip from MTL over to Quebec City for it. Such a nice old city in spots.

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
write to the city council and tell them you wanna do an "extreme urban huckzorz race" in the streets. Hit red bull up too... they seem to like urban races.

on a more serious note, quebec could be sick for an urban race but am I the only one who finds it a little bit "flat" for a downhill race? I mean montreal could be better from an elevation point of view...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
write to the city council and tell them you wanna do an "extreme urban huckzorz race" in the streets. Hit red bull up too... they seem to like urban races.

on a more serious note, quebec could be sick for an urban race but am I the only one who finds it a little bit "flat" for a downhill race? I mean montreal could be better from an elevation point of view...
Old quebec is built on a cliffside, which would be the obvious place to run the race. Plenty of elevation change.