Quantcast

Urban DH race is Brazil

Just went to look at the news and saw this on the frontpage of globo(main TV channel in Brazil). Its in Portuguese but you can still see the results and photos. Gee..finally no 4th.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/Noticias/Esportes_Radicais/0,,MUL1319800-15040,00-INGLES+DOMINA+AS+ELIMINATORIAS+DO+DESAFIO+DE+DOWNHILL+NA+COMUNIDADE+SANTA+M.html

It says it was in one of the favela's(slums) in Rio de Janerio. I would say about this hour now the boys are having quite a good time. Loads of talent in Rio...loads.

chriscarleton

Monkey
Aug 4, 2007
Portland Maine
This is awesome dude, I was just in Rio this summer. Place is absolutely amazing. I didn't know there was much of a downhill scene in Rio, everybody I had asked said the mountain biking was more in southern Brazil.

Somebody from Rio can chime in but I know they have like state series and then national's. My wife is from the northeast, which does not have much to work with but I know even they have races and do the best they can with what they have. Everytime I go back I ring up my guys and see what they want because parts are just crazy expensive and some things you just cant get. I have not lived down there since 07 but everything was at least 2x more than here and in most cases more than that.