Quantcast

Urban/dirt/bike parks...locations?

burton

Chimp
May 30, 2008
Hey everyone! Kinda new to the area...being Asheville...and looking for any kind of indoor/outdoor bike parks that offer anything other than cross country! Love to CC, but looking for something different that contains dirt jumps...pump tracks...urban riding...flow courses...heck even trials course...anyone have any idea of something like this in the surrounding southeast area. Live in AVL, but would be willing to travel for weekend visits. Thanks, burton....

caleb

Chimp
Mar 30, 2010
there is some dirt jumps that have kind of gone up and down some in swannanowa i have never been there but thats what i hear. if you want some DH the best would be to climb up black mountain and come down. thats all i know of. windrock is only 2 hours but its worth it from what i hear

burton

Chimp
May 30, 2008
Damn...nothing in the AVL area it sounds like. What about Atlanta or Charlotte...any mountain bike specific parks anywhere??

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Dude, there are a lot of great places to DJ, DH, and trail ride in the NC and SC area. Hell, I have DJ's, Pump Track, DH Trails, and XC trails all with-in 10mins from my house. I just don't make it public knowledge. It's just most people in the South will not talk about the great places to try to keep others away or keep use of the trail down. It's best to PM people to ask these questions so it doesn't become a public debate or knowledge.... I am always open to helping new people to the area learn about what we have and to introduce them to others that like to ride the way we do.

And by the way there is a lot in the AVL area.

Welcome to the South!!!!

Cecil

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Damn...nothing in the AVL area it sounds like. What about Atlanta or Charlotte...any mountain bike specific parks anywhere??
There is a mountain bike specific park being built right now in Boone. When finished it will have ~10 miles of singletrack, 2 double black diamond DH runs (that you must pedal to), a flow/jump trail, pump track, skills areas, etc etc. :)

burton

Chimp
May 30, 2008
Do you know what this will be called and how could I find more info on this...opening date...will they be charging to ride...don't mind paying if it worth it!!! Sounds what
I am looking for!!

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Hell, I have DJ's, Pump Track, DH Trails, and XC trails all with-in 10mins from my house. I just don't make it public knowledge. It's just most people in the South will not talk about the great places to try to keep others away or keep use of the trail down. It's best to PM people to ask these questions so it doesn't become a public debate or knowledge.... I am always open to helping new people to the area learn about what we have and to introduce them to others that like to ride the way we do.
No Kidding. Sent you a PM in response to you offer a while back. Give me a shout. Thanks in advance.

Jay