Quantcast

Urban/dj Tires

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
I do street mostly and DJs. I have a 2005 jamis komodo. I need tires. I like the holyrollers. What else is there for urban and djs? ALso what are the maxxis tires that have MTX written on the side? I think Ben Boyko has them on his Cove slopestyle bike.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
do u know what the tires are called I know there Maxxis and they have MTX written on them. Boyko has them on his orange cove slopestyle bike?

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
if ui go to page 16 in the dj/bmx forum under who has the beswt bike there is a purple nemesis with the tire i am looking for. what are those called?

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Holy Rollers are hard to beat as an all-around tire, and if you aren't running a front brake, then you don't have to skid to a stop at the DJ's. If you have both a front and rear brake, I'd go with a Holy Roller in the front and a Maxxis Hookworm in the back. Hookworms will last forever and withstand tons of urban abuse.

Kenda also makes the the Kniption (or Kiniption, not sure how it's spelled) and the K-Rad, which some people swear against because the sidewalls are fairly thin; however, they are now offered in a 2.5" width and I believe the sidewalls are slightly thicker than the original 2.3" K-Rad. Each competes with the Hookworm and Holy Rollers, but they are cheaper than Maxxis' offerings.

Arrow also has the Launch, which I hear is a great tire but I've gotten zero ride time on one. Halo has the Twin-Rail, but I've never seen anyone run them in person.

kiwiintexas

Chimp
Nov 30, 2005
Halo twin rails, I used to run them when I was riding street and DJ's, I ran 2.1's on my kona, lighter and they are grippy as hell.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
i ride everything but dh on my krads and holy rollers (STP1 frame). gotta say the krads hook up a little better on dirt but they do pinch flat easier. you can get around that by running 50psi and dh tubes in the back though.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
trials guys run lower pressure with heavier tubes. if your not doing trials moves, id run at least 45 psi on the street. some guys run high as 80psi.. I do fine around 45-50.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Noob here. Hey, I've got a dj bike coming and was going to put 2.35 a Kenda Small Block Eight and a Shorttracker on it. They'd be coming off my xc bike, where I loved them. 590 and 720 grams respectively, both low roll resistance with high contact.
There is a guy around here that run the same combo, and it worked awesome for all types of terrain. He ran about 50psi in the front with an XC tube and 40-45 in the rear with a DH and never flatted.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
meh either 2.2 holly rollers or 2.10 tioga fs100- had these for a few months and they rippedin the park and on the street. too ba dsome ass clown slashed em