Quantcast

URBAN Downhill race, Ensenada Mexico.

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
Laura, I'm goin' to get with Manny and figure out some lodging...
Alf and crew, I'm going to leave on Friday. My wife has that day off and we're going to spend it there.

For all those leaving on Saturday: I will talk to Alf and schedule a meeting time.

Plus, I'm working on get the best deal on our friends motel. We usually pay no more than $40 for a two person room. BUT I NEED A SERIOUS HEAD COUNT TO GET THIS DEAL! PLEASE EMAIL ME YOUR NAME TO FFATBIZ@AOL.COM.

Other than that, this race is going to be insane!

Please email me with any questions about the race: ffatbiz@aol.com

mv :cheers:

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Carry a small Master lock in your pocket and lock it through your rear brake rotor (through a hole that passes through the caliper) if you have to park for bike for even a minute. Keeps theives from riding your bike away - they can drag it but at least they can't pedal away while you try to chase on foot.

Obviously locking with a heavy cable is better, but locking the rotor is still better than nothing when you can't carry a cable.

skate

Chimp
Aug 19, 2006
Keep your bikes close, dont want to see a "stolen bike in mexico" thread.
No kidding...That is what keeps me wondering whether or not to go.
Although I have been south many of times. There is always that feeling I get when I go there about a sense of security or lack of.

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
No kidding...That is what keeps me wondering whether or not to go.
Although I have been south many of times. There is always that feeling I get when I go there about a sense of security or lack of.
Regarding this isssue... if you do exactly what you do in America and keep your bike in you sights at all times, you're good. There's bike theives all over the world. If you get drunk and leave your bike anywhere, well someone might take it. That's usually called a tourist tax! The only person to blame is you... not Mexico! The best part about the DH crew down there is that they all have our backs. They take care of us. Plus, if you're not on your bike, your bike will be in the hotel room. Simple as that.

Common sense my friends.

The only real issues to consider while in Mexico with fellow American riders are simple:
-Don't pee in public!
-Don't break anything that isn't yours!
-Don't drink and drive.
-And remember the same laws apply in Mexico.

Common sense.

If you don't go to this Urban Race you'll regret it. It's close to home. The food is awesome. It's going to be something worth watching and racing! Good times for sure!
:happydance:

PS: Email me at ffatbiz@aol.com if you're planning on staying with us. I only have 5 rooms reserved. That's 10 people. So far three rooms are taken! Talk to me!

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Regarding this isssue... if you do exactly what you do in America and keep your bike in you sights at all times, you're good. There's bike theives all over the world. If you get drunk and leave your bike anywhere, well someone might take it. That's usually called a tourist tax! The only person to blame is you... not Mexico! The best part about the DH crew down there is that they all have our backs. They take care of us. Plus, if you're not on your bike, your bike will be in the hotel room. Simple as that.

Common sense my friends.

The only real issues to consider while in Mexico with fellow American riders are simple:
-Don't pee in public!
-Don't break anything that isn't yours!
-Don't drink and drive.
-And remember the same laws apply in Mexico.

Common sense.

If you don't go to this Urban Race you'll regret it. It's close to home. The food is awesome. It's going to be something worth watching and racing! Good times for sure!
:happydance:

PS: Email me at ffatbiz@aol.com if you're planning on staying with us. I only have 5 rooms reserved. That's 10 people. So far three rooms are taken! Talk to me!

Sorry to hear all these people have common misconceptions about Mexico, more good times for us.

I'm thinking my group will need at least 3 rooms. Can we reserve the whole hotel?

TYM

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Torrance CA
Did one of the Ensenada DH races earlier this year and had a great time. Never once did I feel unsafe. Wish I could make this one. Sounds like it'll be a blast. Urban racing, tacos and cerveza. What more could you ask for?

El Chino

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
Manny, I'll take one of those rooms for me and Andy! I'll give you a call, but for sure I'm going!
Sorry but I need everyone to EMAIL ME AT FFATBIZ@AOL.COM. It'll be way easier for me to get a head/room count there rather than scrolling up and down looking for people here.

MEETING POINTS

-Thursday Departure (not Friday)
I'll be heading down to Ensenada on Thursday afternoon. If you want to caravan down with my wife and I, please give me a call: 619-788-2456.

-Friday Departure (None Available)

-Saturday Departure
This is when most people will be leaving for Ensenada. So here's the info for meeting up on this side of the border before heading south:
-Meeting at Burger King off Bonita Road off the 805.
If you're coming for the north, take 805 south 'til you get to Bonita Road. Exit and turn right. BK will be on your right. Mexican Auto Insurance, Food, Gas is all there. So get it now before you head down.
-Meeting time is going to be 7am. With a 7:30am sharp depature from there.
-Alfonso Garcia will be in charge of leading the caravan down. PM him if you need more info.

The more the merrier! Lu, you have to make it down for this one! It has your name written all over it!

Please email or call me with anymore info!
Manny: ffatbiz@aol.com or 619-788-2456
Good times ahead!
:cheers:

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Email sent, Manny! Hold one room for me! I'll be leaving with Alf on Saturday. Steph and Dan said they are more than likely going, so if Andy can't go, I might roll with them. We'll see what happens. My car is kinda too low to drive down there with all the potholes, heck it doesn't even like San Diego streets. lol

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
More info is here:
http://narodesigns.com/udh.html

Here's the room situation:
-Manny/Mailei
-Jessica/Richard
-Caroline/Val
-Evan Corbin/friends
-Josh Casel/friends
-Josh Casel/friends
-Josh Casel/friends
-Patrick/friends

There's people that I need to hear from. Here's who I need room confirmations from. Who are you rooming with? I don't want to reserve rooms and not fill them:
Alfonso
Wes
Sanjay
Eddie
James Mc

This hotel is the least expensive you'll find near the course. Plus, that's where the whole crew will be. If you don't see your name anywhere, email me at: ffatbiz@aol.com

manny

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Alf I am meeting up with you. I'm gonna give Stephanie and Dan a call to see if their going, because I just found out Andy isn't gonna be going because he has to work. Since he's gotta work, I definately won't be able to take my car, so I'm gonna try and hitch a ride with Dan and Steph. If they don't go, do you think you might have room for me to roll down with ya? Just wanna know, just in case I need a back-up plan.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
My truck is pretty much full. I have:

Me
My Brother
Brad
Wes
Sanjay
Nate Dawg..

Crap, there definately needs to be another car going down.

Greg, Wes, you guys can come down late Friday and crash at my pad...If not you will be waking up hella early. Wes, you don't have a ride down to SD? Is your brother already taking your truck?

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
My truck is pretty much full. I have:

Me
My Brother
Brad
Wes
Sanjay
Nate Dawg..

Crap, there definately needs to be another car going down.

Greg, Wes, you guys can come down late Friday and crash at my pad...If not you will be waking up hella early. Wes, you don't have a ride down to SD? Is your brother already taking your truck?
Alf, it's all good! I just talked to Dan this morning, I'll definately have a ride with him and Stephanie. We'll be going down in the Subaru.

-Patrick

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
How is sanjay getting to SD? and my brother has already taken my truck out once, but he scared the **** out of my mom, so I dont think its going to happen too much any more.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
ok so if i go down with greggo how can i get back up?
I don't know, can you even get up? :monkey:

Dude, you gotta ask people if they can bring you back, don't just expect someone to jump up and say " ooh ooh, TJ I can bring you back up, I can, I can!" lol figure it out, make some phone calls, send some PM's, do whatcha gotta do. Don't just post asking how you can back up.

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
We have all 12 rooms at a hotel reserved for our group. No worries on lodging...I think.
Good times ahead.
ROOMS ARE LIMITED at this hotel! But we should have enough for our RideMonkey Posse. Here's the updated Room List. If you're not in a room, please email me at ffatbiz@aol.com so we can situate you! You don't want to get there and not have a place to sleep or better yet, sleep on the floors :shocked: ! Josh Cassell can you get me the names of your boys?

Here's the room situation:
-Manny/Mailei
-Jessica/Richard
-Caroline/Jeff
-Oscar/Ashley
-Eddie/Jasmine
-Eddie brotha/GF
-Evan Corbin/friends
-Josh Casel/Dre2K
-The Griz/Boloochi
-Schlossman/Mena
-Patrick/Andy/Dano/Steph
-Alf/Adrian/Nate Dawg/Wes
-Sanjay/Micro/Jason/Greg
-Bradical/Hank/James Mc/Bookoo

There's people that I need to hear from. Who are you rooming with? Four people per room max. :pirate2:
Val
Sage
Strait

Talk to me...