Quantcast

URBAN Downhill race, Ensenada Mexico.

stephanie

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
East County via East Coast
Sorry...I didn't read all the posts before I posted.

We will be going down in Dan's car. If someone can shove their bike in another truck, we can take a person, but it's gonna be tight.

Any other chicas going?

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
Two people per room? We have a problem.
There's a few couples going and for obvious reasons, they would like a room to themselves.

Otherwise, hit me up at ffatbiz@aol.com with your roommate request. If not, tonight you're going to see rooms assigned. And if we get more, we'll figure it out.

Is anyone going that's not on the list?

Talk to me
:clapping:

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Are you taking the race truck>? How many people/bikes can you carry?
Nay, the daily driver. I can carry ~6 bikes, one other person comfortably, 2 more sort of cramped, 4 more as a last resort.

edit: I am leaving before noon on Sunday in order to get back to a funeral.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
WOO-HOO!! I'm coming for real now. Sent Manny an email.

DHS is coming too, and getting a ride with me.

So, how is the room situation? Hopefully we can find another person or 2 people who need a room (my husband and I have discussed this before... somehow, my going to a race and rooming with 3 guys is much better than my rooming with only one).

See you guys on Sat morning!

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Yo,
I see a BooKoo on the list above. Is he really going?
I asked Manny the same thing...Manny said that Andre said that one of his friends, "BooKoo" was going.

Sanj, I asked Manny to get in contact with you guys, he needs some details. Try to contact him via Email, if you need his # call me.

Sunny, GREAT!! Is there any chance that you might have room for an extra person?

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Sunny, GREAT!! Is there any chance that you might have room for an extra person?
In my vehicle/on the rack, I have two people and one bike (possibly two bikes).
I have room for:

two more people
or
one more person and one more bike

Let me know what you need. :-)

PS. Where is this Mexican Insurance place? Also, meeting point: we are talking about the BK by Donnie's aren't we?

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
In my vehicle/on the rack, I have two people and one bike (possibly two bikes).
I have room for:

two more people
or
one more person and one more bike

Let me know what you need. :-)

PS. Where is this Mexican Insurance place? Also, meeting point: we are talking about the BK by Donnie's aren't we?
Yes, the BK right off the freeway. As for the insurance, I would recommend getting it on Friday. I'm not sure what time the insurance place opens.

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
Is there only one hotel people can stay at?
There are plenty of hotels in Ensenada. But all the DH riders that I know are poor bastards or bastardettes, like me. So our friend Ruben from Ensenada is helping us out with his uncle's hotel. $40 a night for a room for four people is right down our alley.

Alright, check it: Here's the updated roommate for Saturday night. I'm leaving tomorrow to spend some QT with the lady. I'm going to hand this list over to Ruben's uncle. If you need to get a hold of me, call me up: 619-788-2456. I'm leaving tomorrow midday or so.
:clapping:
-Manny/Mailei
-Caroline/Jeff
-Oscar/Ashley
-Eddie/Jasmine
-Eddie brotha/GF
-Evan Corbin/friends
-Josh Casel/Dre2K
-The Griz/Boloochi
-Schlossman/Mena
-Patrick/Andy/Dano/Steph
-Alf/Adrian/Nate Dawg/Wes
-Sanjay/Micro/Jason/Greg
-Bradical/Hank/James Mc/Bookoo
-James Moore/Eric/Kevin/Michelle
-Laura/DHS/Val/Val BF

Talk to me...

I think the hotel only have 12 rooms. If so, we're going to have to bunk up rooms. I know Griz and Dre can be seperated... hahaha, so that's fine. Not to worry, we'll make it happen.

One last note: I have a full keg of Stone Arrogant Bastard. If you're down to tap into that on Saturday evening, donations of $5 will be happily excepted. Nothing like an inexpensive pre-party.

mv

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
That was a blast... anyone know the website that has the final times? Not that I was that fast... too much beer on Saturday.

It was great meeting everyone and putting faces to ... well avatars.

And my camera has been with me on afew too many rides/crashes - so most of my pictures are blury... but my buddy took a few good ones (sunny - great shots of you on the steps). Anyone else got good ones?

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
That was a blast... anyone know the website that has the final times? Not that I was that fast... too much beer on Saturday.

It was great meeting everyone and putting faces to ... well avatars.

And my camera has been with me on afew too many rides/crashes - so most of my pictures are blury... but my buddy took a few good ones (sunny - great shots of you on the steps). Anyone else got good ones?
http://narodesigns.com/udh.html

They should be up later today or tomorrow.

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
I'm working on the getting the final results for everyone.

I've uploaded a few photos and video clips on my site:

http://www.ffat.biz

Props to everyone that came out to race, party or just hang. Yeah, the border wait probably sucked ass but was there anything else? Doubt it. Good times for sure! :banana:

Sorry for the personal pix in my photo gallery... didn't want to take the time to edit. More video clips uploading each day 'til I'm out of footage.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Manny anyway we can have a copy of the photos thats not in a flash movie?
there's some good shots there

Apr 30, 2006
Here are some of the pictures that I have uploaded real quick from the weekend. I also posted these pictures in the DH section

DHS-Thank you for walking down the course with me. I was cool meeting you.

some pre race night riding after Papas and Beer

The first turn on the course

The step down roller area

The stair section:

Mexicans are proof that you do not need the best bike to compete

Some of the other sections

one of the race fans

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
of course everyone photos came out way better then mine.

Note: anyone else notice this kid was just running a rear v-brake.

how come sanjay always looks so slow?
(kidding..)

Apr 30, 2006
I noticed that when I was looking through my pictures. I didn't realize it was a V brake until you pointed that out, though. Crazy.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Epic shots guys. Hopefully everyone had a blast, I know I did. Thanks to everyone that went down.

I talked to the event organizers and they were extremely stoked on the turn out as well. Full results are to be posted tomorrow on the "NARO DESIGNS" website linked above.

Keep checking FFATbiz.com for video updates that you will not want to miss, and hopefully MTBphoto.com will post some pics soon.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
where in san diego do you live?

hell maybe we can get a evening urban ride or something together and we can trade photo cds

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Just like ^^^, I sent you a PM about getting high res as well.

Although I want the pictures of me, not Steph and Dan (no offense)...

:biggrin:

Apr 30, 2006
Hey man, do you have more pictures that you will be uploading during the week?
Yeah, I took a lot of pictures (probably too many) at the race that I still need to go through. I definitely want the racers to see whatever pictures I have of them, so I will try to get them up as soon as possible.

Anyway, I hope to get them up by the end of the week.