Quantcast

Urban Freeriders speak out!

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
Where are some good spots in our area? I ride urban in Oly 4-5 days a week. No really great stuff, but there is some fun stuff in a five block radius around the capital campus and down in the port. I hear there is great riding in Seattle. Any body interested in getting together for urban explorations let me know.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Danny Swann told me the big 22 stair gap he did in "Jib" (or was it Union?) was in Olympia. He said he found lots of cool stuff to hit, although his and my style urban may be different than what you're looking for.
Tim

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
I am up for anything. I am getting up the ballage for bigger stuff. Can you find out where the stair gap is? I ride alot looking for the goods, but its few and far between.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
We used to urbon it up in oly a few years back. Just tooled around the capital lots, running from the state cops. After 9/11 they got pretty fierce, like angry hornets. HAve you ridden down the capital steps yet? That was a blast... but its pretty sketch.

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
I ride the at the capitol campus pretty frequently, theres that wooden ramp that maintenance uses to get lawnmowers up the big concrete steps, pretty weak but my buddy and I have a competiton going to see who can get the most distance. I have ridden as many sets of stairs as I can find there, where are the ones you are talkin about. I am riding mostly over near where the war memorial and that weird concrete sculpture/mosquito breeding site is. There is an awesome spiral staircase. I have yet to even see a stater up there.

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
The staters come in to the bike shop I work at to buy gear for there bikes, I dont think they could manage to catch a cold with all that crap on their bikes. Plus their attire looks a little restrictive. They must be humpin around 70 lbs worth of gear.